Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

NY inventory for 1K's -- can't be used on domestic seg if itinerary is intl?

Old Dec 19, 06, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle

Quick question for the experts. I was looking at a flight ATL-IAD that showed NY2, XY1. Being a 1K looking for 2 seats, I thought "cool". The reservation agent said that NY inventory can be used only if the segement is domestic (which mine is) and the whole itinerary is domestic (which mine is not). Since we were connecting at IAD to Europe (using XY invetory), I couldn't use the domestic NY segment.

Is this true?
Old Dec 20, 06, 4:03 am
Suspended

Programs: None Whatsoever
Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer View Post
Quick question for the experts. I was looking at a flight ATL-IAD that showed NY2, XY1. Being a 1K looking for 2 seats, I thought "cool". The reservation agent said that NY inventory can be used only if the segement is domestic (which mine is) and the whole itinerary is domestic (which mine is not). Since we were connecting at IAD to Europe (using XY invetory), I couldn't use the domestic NY segment.

Is this true?

Completely untrue.

I have a ticketed roundtrip reservation in NY for BKK-LAX-BOS.
Old Dec 20, 06, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, WN A-List w/CP, UA Silver, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
thanks for the reply! I called UA back and spoke to a different agent who got me on the flight I wanted without any issues. I guess the first agent I spoke to was just misinformed.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: