Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another RFD UA promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2007, 3:05 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
$100 is what you end up paying. The $1,000 cap is how much you can get refunded. So, if you paid more than $1,100, you would only get $1,000 back. Otherwise you get your total fare back less $100.
HOLY CRAP!!! I get it now (it's been a long week)

Edited to add: Ugh - I just realized that there is a short fuse on this one. I was already planning my RFD-DEN-ANC or HNL mileage run for $100.
Already got a trip planned for next weekend, so can't take advantage

Last edited by aisleorwindow; Mar 9, 2007 at 3:17 pm
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
You'd have to fight with them to get ANC considered the "continental US" I think.

The best (one-stop) possibility is probably something to Florida on Ted. Or wandering out to CA and bouncing up and down the coast.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I have used these back-to-back before...I went LGA-RFD, then RFD-YYZ way back when...wonder if thats still allowed...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:11 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Is this valid ex-somewhere else?

i.e., can I book a trip OAK-DEN-RFD and get the rebate?

If so, this has to be the bizarrest use of money in history. Did RFD get a SCASD grant for this or something? Nuts.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joelfreak
I have used these back-to-back before...I went LGA-RFD, then RFD-YYZ way back when...wonder if thats still allowed...
Well... YYZ isn't "Continental US".
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:51 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I am having difficulty signing up for MilesAhead. Anybody else getting error message?

Oliver

Last edited by Explore SE Asia; Mar 10, 2007 at 11:30 am Reason: track thread
Old Mar 10, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chexfan
Well... YYZ isn't "Continental US".
This was way back when they would give you $250 off any flight or something, when NW was flying there...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 3:19 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
You'd have to fight with them to get ANC considered the "continental US" I think.
Doh! You're right of course - I really need to start reading the rules more carefuly...
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:07 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
I highly doubt it would work into RFD. Besides, you wouldn't want to MR into RFD, there being nothing at the airport and even less in the city!

BTW, I booked RFD-DEN-BOS (including one redeye and one overnight in DEN): 5,164 EQMs for $100, or 1.9c/EQM. Midday flights to/from RFD, too, so I'll have ample time to get there -- will need it, since the Van Galder bus stops ten miles short of RFD.

Thanks to the airport authority taxpayers who are underwriting this...

Last edited by paytonc; Mar 11, 2007 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 11, 2007, 8:56 pm
formerly OliverS

Hey guys,

I am a German currently based in Chicago and not too familiar with the American culture of mail-in rebates, related terms and so on.

Does this offer mean I am refunded in cash?

I will only be here until the beginning of April and am looking for a few cheap miles. Now I would love to go on a MR anywhere and have them refund me the ticket price less 100$ (postal address in the US is not a problem).
Since I probably won't be flying out of Chicago anytime soon after it would not be worth much if it would not be paid out in cash..

Also, what does the term "beyond mean? Does this mean the destination has to be west of Denver? Or does it just mean you have to go via Denver, but can then go on to e. g. Key West via IAD?

And yet another question: There is no rule against first class, right?

Thanks!

Last edited by otr271; Mar 11, 2007 at 10:05 pm
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:19 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
Ticket price up to $1000 - $100 would be reimbursed via check. So if the ticket is $650 they will send you a check for $550. If the ticket is $1500 they will send you a check for $1000.

You must purchase and begin your trip on or before the 17th of March. You must turn in the form by the 17th of March. You must return by the 30th of March.

You must start the trip in RFD fly to DEN and then to another city within the continental US. You then must return to DEN and then back to RFD.

As far as I can see there is not a rule against first class.. however all the first class tickets I priced out were way over $1000.

The other main problem I see its only a CRJ which has NO E+ or First class seats... and its 2.5 hours from RFD to DEN... Not sure if I want to be in E for 5 hours (2.5 each way..) Otherwise looks like a great deal

Although looking at it... it says any United flight.. which should cover code shares as well..
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:43 am
formerly OliverS

Thanks for clarifying things!

Good thing you mentioned that the departure has to be by March 17th, as I had already priced out a nice 10,000 miles trip for 1,100 USD on the 19th..I guess now it has to be the more reasonable approach.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: AGR WOH
I had an error the first time I tried signing up for MilesAhead, but tried it in Safari rather than Firefox and it worked.

Also, interesting history on these rebates:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=429706
(They're paid out of revenue+pax guarantees RFD has made to UAL. And yes, it's checked against the manifest.)
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:01 pm

Any new promotions?

Are there any new promotions at RFD??? I am planning a trip for May long weekend and would like to see if RFD pops up with yet another offer. I have signed up for the MilesAhead newsletter but have not got any offers till now.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:12 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Where can I sign up for the Miles Ahead newsletter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.