Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why is United's ORD hub so ghetto? [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond

Does anybody like O'hare? There doesn't seem to be any good restaurants and there are very few power plugs. I always have to walk down an entire concourse to find an open plug. Is this all just a push to get us to join the RCC? If there is a good place to use my laptop or to eat, please let me know... I'm stuck in this hellhole for another few hours.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:23 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
Programs: UA 1K 0.8MM, AA EXP
Have you been to IAD?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't know not having good restaraunts or power ports makes a place the ghetto... interesting.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Ghetto fabulous!
Seriously, IAD makes ORD look like a picnic at the beach.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
ORD is much better than IAD. From personnel to restaurant choices to RCC locations. It's no competition.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:27 pm

Location: Palo Alto. Previously, below the approaches to Rwy 19 @ DCA or 28 @ ORD
On a more serious note, I do like ORD.

I'm not familiar with the restaurants, as I have no reason to eat at the airport when my house is only 10 minutes away.

As for the RCCs, they are hardly worth the bother. At least they do provide power ports and, if you're lucky, some decent OJ.

But at least Terminal One has a fairly modern feeling (e.g. the tall ceilings in Concourse B, the abundance of windows, the neat walkway between B & C), at least compared with every other UA hub.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by eternalX
Does anybody like O'hare? There doesn't seem to be any good restaurants and there are very few power plugs. I always have to walk down an entire concourse to find an open plug. Is this all just a push to get us to join the RCC? If there is a good place to use my laptop or to eat, please let me know... I'm stuck in this hellhole for another few hours.
There are some laptop desks built into the walls near a few of the C&B gates, with power outlets. If you are in E/F, these are in between the 2 terminals, near the Fox skybox.
Eats: depends on the terminal. If we knew where you were...
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm...I tend to think "squatters" who bum the wireless signal from airline lounges and use public power outlets to keep their laptop charged up are kind of ghetto...
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Maybe if you're a vegan or vegetarian, there's not a lot to eat. Otherwise, try the Berghoff cafe down by the upper C gates. Stick to the sandwiches.

Next to C18, there's a food court with the semi-famous Billy Goat Tavern(Saturday Night Live spoofed it), where they make a fast and tasty burger, or an omlette for breakfast.

Councourse B? Wolfgang Puck's. End of list, except for fast food places.

Power outlets? Yes, that's a problem, but it's no more an issue at ORD than anywhere else. They're just as tough to find in the RCC as in the rest of the terminal.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by UALfromMSN
Power outlets? Yes, that's a problem, but it's no more an issue at ORD than anywhere else. They're just as tough to find in the RCC as in the rest of the terminal.
Simply not true!

There's plenty of them to go around at the RCCs. I speak from experience in regards to the B6 and C16 RCCs.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Didn't know not having good restaraunts or power ports makes a place the ghetto... interesting.
That doesn't make it ghetto. The dingy and dirtiness of the place with the seating from 1974 make it ghetto.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Maybe if you're a vegan or vegetarian, there's not a lot to eat. Otherwise, try the Berghoff cafe down by the upper C gates. Stick to the sandwiches.

Next to C18, there's a food court with the semi-famous Billy Goat Tavern(Saturday Night Live spoofed it), where they make a fast and tasty burger, or an omlette for breakfast.

Not a big fan of Berghoff. Everyone always points it out here but it seems pretty mediocre. I think people in the midwest just like their food big, with lots of meat.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Originally Posted by eternalX
Does anybody like O'hare? There doesn't seem to be any good restaurants and there are very few power plugs.
If that's the criteria, then would LAX qualify as well...with that oh-so-pleasant smell of McDonald's oil and fries wafting through the air? (insert barfing smiley here)
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's also Chili's near the B16/B17 end of Concourse B, as well as a Chili's in the Concourse E/F area in Terminal 2.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
There's also Chili's near the B16/B17 end of Concourse B, as well as a Chili's in the Concourse E/F area in Terminal 2.
Which, from what I have heard, is the most poorly run dining establishment in the world...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.