UA matching NW status?

 
Old Dec 9, 06, 5:43 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Posts: 3,465
UA matching NW status?

I have a relative who is a NW silver wishing to jump ship. His primary interest is UA because of their domestic, Asian and European network. Will they likely match his status? I know matching goes in and out, and being an AA flyer, I wasn't sure what UA's current policy on this was.
Fly AA J all the way is offline  
Old Dec 9, 06, 9:32 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LAX
Posts: 1,156
Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way View Post
I have a relative who is a NW silver wishing to jump ship. His primary interest is UA because of their domestic, Asian and European network. Will they likely match his status? I know matching goes in and out, and being an AA flyer, I wasn't sure what UA's current policy on this was.
Shouldn't be a problem. Jumping ship is a good idea for him.
JFKLAX321 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 06, 9:39 pm
  #3  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ravens Country
Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Posts: 3,887
I agree,
UA will def grant a status match to Premier.

Tell your friend he will never look back once he starts flying UA over NW.

Ben
Benny8444 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 06, 11:27 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,996
Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
I agree,
UA will def grant a status match to Premier.

Tell your friend he will never look back once he starts flying UA over NW.

Ben
Agreed. Just make sure that he realizes that UA does not have the allusion of "free upgrades" like NW, and it is a cert system. Definitely works better, but people have to get over the fact that you don't get "unlimited complimentary upgrades," even if they never clear.
lucky9876coins is offline  
Old Dec 9, 06, 11:37 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DL Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BW Diamond
Posts: 26,796
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins View Post
Agreed. Just make sure that he realizes that UA does not have the allusion of "free upgrades" like NW, and it is a cert system. Definitely works better, but people have to get over the fact that you don't get "unlimited complimentary upgrades," even if they never clear.
Well, I don't think it's an "allusion", as a NW Silver will have a higher upgrade percentage than most other "auto upgrade" frequent flyer programs. I know CO Silver elite who are at 10% upgrades, and NW Silver's who are at 90%. No illusion there.
Jaimito Cartero is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: