UA matching NW status?

Old Dec 9, 06, 5:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
UA matching NW status?

I have a relative who is a NW silver wishing to jump ship. His primary interest is UA because of their domestic, Asian and European network. Will they likely match his status? I know matching goes in and out, and being an AA flyer, I wasn't sure what UA's current policy on this was.
Old Dec 9, 06, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Fly AA J all the way View Post
I have a relative who is a NW silver wishing to jump ship. His primary interest is UA because of their domestic, Asian and European network. Will they likely match his status? I know matching goes in and out, and being an AA flyer, I wasn't sure what UA's current policy on this was.
Shouldn't be a problem. Jumping ship is a good idea for him.
Old Dec 9, 06, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I agree,
UA will def grant a status match to Premier.

Tell your friend he will never look back once he starts flying UA over NW.

Ben
Old Dec 9, 06, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
I agree,
UA will def grant a status match to Premier.

Tell your friend he will never look back once he starts flying UA over NW.

Ben
Agreed. Just make sure that he realizes that UA does not have the allusion of "free upgrades" like NW, and it is a cert system. Definitely works better, but people have to get over the fact that you don't get "unlimited complimentary upgrades," even if they never clear.
Old Dec 9, 06, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins View Post
Agreed. Just make sure that he realizes that UA does not have the allusion of "free upgrades" like NW, and it is a cert system. Definitely works better, but people have to get over the fact that you don't get "unlimited complimentary upgrades," even if they never clear.
Well, I don't think it's an "allusion", as a NW Silver will have a higher upgrade percentage than most other "auto upgrade" frequent flyer programs. I know CO Silver elite who are at 10% upgrades, and NW Silver's who are at 90%. No illusion there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: