Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

LAX Elite Check-In Moving Back to T6 Nov 14th [thrice-merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Elite Check-In Moving Back to T6 Nov 14th [thrice-merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hertz P Circle
Originate your trip from SNA or ONT, skip the check-in and security mess at LAX and get 500 miles for the 10 minute flight to LAX!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by iapetus
To be fair, I guess the real reason I don't like the T6 elite area is that I always have to walk back to it from T7 after getting dropped off by the LAX FlyAway bus.
I've never used the FlyAway bus, but when I get on a rental car agency's bus to the airport, and they ask which airline, I always told them "United Terminal 6." And, they dropped me off at T6! ^
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
You can definately tell the Flyway bus that you want United Terminal 6 - no problem.

Billy
Old Nov 14, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Has anyone tried out the new setup? I hope it's better, I never had any problems in T7, but then again I never experienced T6.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I was there yesterday on a F ticket. At 10 am, the line for elite and F passengers was moving fast. It took 5 minutes to check-in and another 5 to clear security.
Old Nov 14, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Originally Posted by VA1379
I was there yesterday on a F ticket. At 10 am, the line for elite and F passengers was moving fast. It took 5 minutes to check-in and another 5 to clear security.
How'd that happen? I mean did they move up the transition date?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
I went through it from the "new" T-6 counters this morning (Nov. 14), around 8.30 for UA192 LAX-PHL. At the easternmost entrance (Door C?), the one closest to T-7 security, is a sign stating this is check-in for F, *G, and 2P only. Two UA personnel were standing there directing people back to T-7 if needed be, but they were talking to each other when I walked through and did not ask to check my bp or Premier card.

There was hardly a line at the counters; same for security. I was in the RCC within 5 minutes of arriving curbside. I'll assume since it's a Tuesday morning and also after the early am madness, you'd really have to expect a much larger crowd at other times.

BTW, using OLCI the night before, I got a second page on the bp printout showing a map of T-6 and a new bag check feature. Here's what it says:

"Our new united.bomb BagCheck kiosks are designed specifically for customers using EasyCheck-in Online and can save you time and keep you moving. Proceed to a united.bomb BagCheck kiosk at the airport to check your bags. Please note that bags must be checked in a minimum of 45 minutes before departure."

As far as I know, this is new.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Originally Posted by sinoflyer
I went through it from the "new" T-6 counters this morning (Nov. 14), around 8.30 for UA192 LAX-PHL. At the easternmost entrance (Door C?), the one closest to T-7 security, is a sign stating this is check-in for F, *G, and 2P only. Two UA personnel were standing there directing people back to T-7 if needed be, but they were talking to each other when I walked through and did not ask to check my bp or Premier card.

There was hardly a line at the counters; same for security. I was in the RCC within 5 minutes of arriving curbside. I'll assume since it's a Tuesday morning and also after the early am madness, you'd really have to expect a much larger crowd at other times.

BTW, using OLCI the night before, I got a second page on the bp printout showing a map of T-6 and a new bag check feature. Here's what it says:

"Our new united.bomb BagCheck kiosks are designed specifically for customers using EasyCheck-in Online and can save you time and keep you moving. Proceed to a united.bomb BagCheck kiosk at the airport to check your bags. Please note that bags must be checked in a minimum of 45 minutes before departure."

As far as I know, this is new.
They"ve had a United.com bag check counter at O'Hare for a while now.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by robb
They"ve had a United.com bag check counter at O'Hare for a while now.
I think he's commenting that the additional page of information from OLCI is what's new.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked in there yesterday at 10h00 a.m. UGS/1K/F-class check-in took less than 5 mins. All in all I greatly appreciated quiet, peacefull surroundings of UA T6 check-in vs. the often crowded, congested conditions over at t7.

Thanks UA-LAX! ^
Old Nov 16, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Dropped off someone yesterday (11/15), second day of operation, at 1530 for a flight to IAD. As is typical of a mid-week late afternoon, no lines, etc.

My experience has always been that elite at T6 was far more pleasant than when they moved over to T7.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
My experience has always been that elite at T6 was far more pleasant than when they moved over to T7.
I think that's been the general consensus.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
Dropped off someone yesterday (11/15), second day of operation, at 1530 for a flight to IAD. As is typical of a mid-week late afternoon, no lines, etc.

Because of this, my three times a week "commute" has improved a bit...yesterday...3 minute check in and no security line at 9am and today a 5 minute check in (had to check equipment) and two people in the security line in front of me at 8:30a...unfortunately, one of these gentlemen had something of interest in his bags and that stopped the line for 7 or 8 minutes!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1KPath
...and two people in the security line in front of me at 8:30a...unfortunately, one of these gentlemen had something of interest in his bags and that stopped the line for 7 or 8 minutes!
It probably was a water bottle.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Plat
With regard to the reference above to the united.com bag check in T6, is that bag check only for elites, or is it for all passengers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.