Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

LAX Elite Check-In Moving Back to T6 Nov 14th [thrice-merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Elite Check-In Moving Back to T6 Nov 14th [thrice-merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold / BA GGL&CCR
Let's hope they put the elite screening line back as well.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
They never should have moved it from T6. It was fine there. Somebody probably realized that they are wasting all that space in T6 which is like a ghost town at certain times of the day.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:41 pm

UA kept trying to close the T6 counter to save money hoping that Mr. Chicken and online BPs would reduce the lines but the machines can't quite cut it at the world's largest O&D airport. I guess they wanted to reopen T6 before the Thanksgiving rush. Having checkit at T6 also confused unfamiliar passengers.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by AADC10
I guess they wanted to reopen T6 before the Thanksgiving rush. Having checkit at T6 also confused unfamiliar passengers.
No, what's confusing is the constant shuffling of the location of the elite check-in and security! Well, it's confusing to me, but I guess I'm easily confused. I can recall at least three separate locations for the LAX elite check-in and security in the past year or two. I also can't figure out how they can justify the cost of all this shuffling. There couldn't have been much in the way of extra costs when they went to the elite security above T7, but they did all sorts of stuff to set up the current configuration. That's why I thought it was going to be permanent.

To be fair, I guess the real reason I don't like the T6 elite area is that I always have to walk back to it from T7 after getting dropped off by the LAX FlyAway bus. But, I can accept that as a minor inconvenience. I just need to know where it is so that I can avoid the masses as easily as possible, particularly over the holidays.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:26 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by globetrekker84
Let's hope they put the elite screening line back as well.
The letter they are giving out says they will bring back the Premium security line.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Even though the current system works OK...I liked the drop-off aspect of terminal 6...less traffic! I hope they bring back the old ID checkers there...I got to know a couple of them and it was nice to be recognized(still checked my ID though)
Old Nov 7, 2006, 9:20 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Checking in 10am Nov 14, thanks FT for letting me know
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P
I'm glad it's going back to the old location. ^ Lately elite checkin has been a total mess with lengthy lines. I travel to/from LAX quite frequently and I never once had long wait in T6.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 1:58 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Note to UA @ LAX: Please pick a terminal and stick to it and staff it! I too had found T6 better, though recently T7 Elite security has been fast. What has been disappointing is the understaffing of T7 c/i for lowly 1K/MM. Often the only agents available have been dedicated to UGS, who certainly deserve good service but are not the only elite members deserving of it.

(I'll bet this is going back to T6 as too many UGSs complained that GS was relegated to an open counter in T7 rather than the private office area formerly in T6.)

Wherever this service ends up, UA has to staff it adequately.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 5:12 am

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by auh2o
The letter they are giving out says they will bring back the Premium security line.
^ ^ ^
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
LAX Elite Check-In Moving Back to T6 Nov 14th

It's Musical Terminals again! When I checked in for flight this morning to London MegaDo they let me know elite check-in is moving back to T6 effective Nov 14th.

Cheers.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
Question

So the elite check in is moving from T8 to T6? That'll be a pretty far walk to get to my gates at T8. Thx for the info. ^
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This has already been discussed in this thread.

Originally Posted by flydrha
So the elite check in is moving from T8 to T6? That'll be a pretty far walk to get to my gates at T8. Thx for the info. ^
When was it at T8?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:02 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
It was at T8 for a while just after they closed down elite checkin at T6. Just to be clear, United considers the Eastern half of the main checkin area T8, and the Western half T7.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robb
It was at T8 for a while just after they closed down elite checkin at T6. Just to be clear, United considers the Eastern half of the main checkin area T8, and the Western half T7.
Yeah, that's what I realized after I posted. The distinction was never all that distinct to me, but I do remember that period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.