Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Change on new site.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2006, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Seat Change on new site.

Well I now see that united.bomb is out of beta. I had problems before when I tried to change my seat with the new feature that they added to the "my itineraries" section of the website. When ever I tried to change my seat I got an error "There was an error updating your PNR". I was hoping it would be fixed before the website was in production. Well it's not. Anyone else exeriencing problems on the new site (as of today)?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I didn't have any problems with the seat assignment option on the beta site.

When posting thread titles/post, please remember that today will always be today but its not tomorrow ... Embedded dates are useful.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: 1K, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by hackneys
When ever I tried to change my seat I got an error "There was an error updating your PNR"?
Had the same problem earlier in the beta and just ran into the same issue today on the "real" site so it does not appear to have been fixed.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

ok..

Originally Posted by GoingAway
When posting thread titles/post, please remember that today will always be today but its not tomorrow ... Embedded dates are useful.
I will make a more conscious effort to embed dates, however all postings are date and time stamped. I didn't realize I needed to reference it again...
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:19 pm
LAS

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Hertz #1 Gold, SPG
I changed my seat on 2 itnineraries when I became 2P from an E- to an E+ seat on the beta site and it said the same thing. But in my itineraries, it showed the seat that I changed it to and when I got my boarding pass, it still had the correct seat. Have you checked to see if your itineraries have the seat you changed it to?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Just tried...

Originally Posted by LAS
I changed my seat on 2 itnineraries when I became 2P from an E- to an E+ seat on the beta site and it said the same thing. But in my itineraries, it showed the seat that I changed it to and when I got my boarding pass, it still had the correct seat. Have you checked to see if your itineraries have the seat you changed it to?
Just tried it again, paying close attention to the seat assignments on my itineraries. No luck. No change.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
This morning (11/20), I successfully changed seats on the Beta site for flights between IAD and SEA in early December.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by hackneys
Just tried it again, paying close attention to the seat assignments on my itineraries. No luck. No change.
I had this experience too...just called and the phone agent was able to get my seat changed and have it stick.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I just changed one online with no problem.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
This morning (11/20), I successfully changed seats on the Beta site for flights between IAD and SEA in early December.
About 2 weeks ago I was able to change seats for cleared upgrades. Originally I was in Y and my UG was cleared to C or one leg and F for the other. In both cases I was able to select the seat I want in the new cabin of service. Nice touch, imho! ^
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:39 pm

No problems with seat changes here either.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:57 pm

In Beta I could only change seats with tickets purchased on the UA websites and NOT tickets.

Now it appears to work for all booking without a hitch
Old Nov 20, 2006, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
I didn't have any problems changing seats for domestic flights, but could not do it for international ones. Are your flights international?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by KrisiO
I didn't have any problems changing seats for domestic flights, but could not do it for international ones. Are your flights international?

Some international. some domestic. All working fine now
Old Nov 20, 2006, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KrisiO
Yep - International and an upgraded seat. No problems whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.