Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ual.com change: merging of old and beta

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,AA
Is there a way to add an infant?

My first time booking ual.com in a while, mostly due to the 5000 mile bonus although they may get orphaned and expire eventually. What happened to receiving an email confirmation? I have no easy way to inform others of my travel plans. And is there any way to add an infant online or do I have to call in or just show up with the stroller at the airport? I didn't like the old UAL.com either but there is still a long way to go.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by cepheid
... It appears that the new site is barfing on valid e-cert codes, but apparently only certain kinds. Specifically, when trying to book a flight using the 2006 Entertainment Book e-cert, the website says it "cannot validate the electronic certificate code." ...
Try it now as it works better. I did some test on the fix. You even get the following in the "View price breakdown" link.
Traveler Base fare Discount Taxes & fees* Total
Adult 1 USD 537.08 USD 67.48 USD 604.56
Total price: USD 604.56
Discount description ??????
Total discount USD 80.64
The ????? should say "Entertainment Book 2006 Promotion". But it is getting better.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Lifetime *G
On the other side of the coin, there are some glitches which benefit the traveler.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist
flex search is greyed out. thanks untied airlines!!
Old Nov 30, 2006, 6:58 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Dr_wanderlust
flex search is greyed out. thanks untied airlines!!
Can you please post some more details such as dates, times, class, origin, destination, etc. Maybe we can help you out.

My advice for everyone is to give as many details as possible without giving out personal information. There are UA lurkers viewing this thread and the bugs might get fixed because you gave them good info to troubleshoot the problem.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Can you please post some more details such as dates, times, class, origin, destination, etc. Maybe we can help you out.

My advice for everyone is to give as many details as possible without giving out personal information. There are UA lurkers viewing this thread and the bugs might get fixed because you gave them good info to troubleshoot the problem.
I just logged out and clear my cache and cookies, etc. now I can again do a flex search. the next time it happens I'll post a screen shot.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:13 pm
In memoriam

I just logged out and clear my cache and cookies, etc. now I can again do a flex search. the next time it happens I'll post a screen shot.
There are major problems with the cookie handling on the new website. I am in the process of writing a lengthy analysis of the cookie related problems.

You should only have to clear cookies from united.com, travel.united.com ua2go.com, mymileageplus.com, ualmileageplus.com, and itn.net. Clearing all you cookies can cause you other problems. I have not seen a problem where it required clearing the cache but I am sure there can be.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
There are major problems with the cookie handling on the new website. I am in the process of writing a lengthy analysis of the cookie related problems.

You should only have to clear cookies from united.com, travel.united.com ua2go.com, mymileageplus.com, ualmileageplus.com, and itn.net. Clearing all you cookies can cause you other problems. I have not seen a problem where it required clearing the cache but I am sure there can be.
I am also using opera, not IE.
Old Nov 30, 2006, 7:28 pm
In memoriam

I am also using opera, not IE.
The supported browsers are:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,1661,00.html
* Mozilla/Firefox 1.0 or newer
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or newer
* AOL 9 or newer
* Safari 1.2 or newer (Macintosh)
With other browsers YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.