Do UA carry Campari?

Old Oct 27, 06, 11:10 pm
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Do UA carry Campari?

Seems like a stupid question - 30 segments on UA alone this year and I never paid much attention. Do UA stock campari singles on most domestic and int'l flights in Y and C? I do not think they do but curious.

Taking SFO-JFK p.s. tomorrow (waitlisted for C) and suddenly craving a campari on the rocks
Old Oct 27, 06, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
only in the RCC
Old Oct 28, 06, 3:35 am

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
They used to carry it (at least on international, though the FAs often didn't know they had it), but it was one of the casualties of the petty service reductions in bankruptcy (along with buttonholes in napkins, frappaccino, 1K rooms, and virtually every other comfort that once made flying almost pleasant).
Old Oct 28, 06, 4:51 am

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Campari I can live without. But would it be possible to get the buttonholes back in the napkins? Is there a way we could do a campaign? I wonder if I set up an online petition the same way United did regarding their IAD-PEK bid, whether I'd get a response.
Old Oct 28, 06, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by dll
Seems like a stupid question - 30 segments on UA alone this year and I never paid much attention. Do UA stock campari singles on most domestic and int'l flights in Y and C? I do not think they do but curious.

Taking SFO-JFK p.s. tomorrow (waitlisted for C) and suddenly craving a campari on the rocks
It's a shame they don't carry Campari -or- sweet vermouth any more.
Old Oct 28, 06, 10:05 am

Off the topic, but Campari in Orangina, on the rocks, is a nice refreshing
warm sunmmer afternoon drink. SWISS carried it on my last flight with them. I am flying the 4p SFO-JFK ps today as well.
Old Oct 29, 06, 12:05 am

Well I really miss the buttonholes on the napkins too!
Old Oct 29, 06, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Lifetime Gold, SPG Plat
I agree it would be nice to see Campari on board again - but would they have to offload some of the warm nuts to make space?

A Campari in the RCC needs a special request to make it worth drinking, the bar staff don't understand what it is and keep serving it in spirit-size measures. Of course that wouldn't be a problem if the lounges in the US were similar to those in that small place some of us live in called "the rest of the world", where there is an open bar and you can serve yourself.
Old Oct 29, 06, 9:17 am

Programs: 10-year UA 1K and 2 MM, then AA EXP, now BA Silver; next stop, Kayak
The main problem, in my experience, is that the bartenders don't know it needs to be served with a slice of orange, not lemon.
Old Oct 29, 06, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1P /Starwood Gold/Hyatt Plat/UA RCC
Campari is very popular on AZ. Maybe with UA flying to FCO they will add it to the Italy flights.
Old Oct 29, 06, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carl92103
Campari is very popular on AZ. Maybe with UA flying to FCO they will add it to the Italy flights.
I wouldn't count on it.
Old Oct 29, 06, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Executive
What a strange post, but Campari is a strange drink. I don't think I have ever seen it on United but I always get it when I fly Lufthansa. Somehow it wouldn't feel like a vacation if I didn't start and finish it with Campari.

Oh, I am doing Italy in November but using Delta miles, Air France going and Alitalia returning. Well if they have Campari on Alitalia, at least thats one good thing....
Old Oct 29, 06, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1P
My grandmother, who has mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease, has developed an undying love for Campari at 85 years old. Get the hell out of her way if the bottle is empty, too.

I can rest assured now that should she choose to fly I can recommend UA to her, but will let her know she'll need to stock up in the RCC first.
Old Oct 29, 06, 5:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by TakeMeToEZE
My grandmother, who has mid-stage Alzheimer’s Disease, has developed an undying love for Campari at 85 years old. Get the hell out of her way if the bottle is empty, too.

I can rest assured now that should she choose to fly I can recommend UA to her, but will let her know she'll need to stock up in the RCC first.
Sounds like a typical longhaul UA F/A!
Old Oct 29, 06, 7:48 pm

Programs: UAL Gold Million-Mile
Originally Posted by someotherguy
The main problem, in my experience, is that the bartenders don't know it needs to be served with a slice of orange, not lemon.
Nowadays, there is no such thing as "needs to be served with..".
I was flying SFO-LHR (15H) in September and I requested an after-dinner cognac. The FA asked if I wanted ice with it! I thought this was amazing but she informed me that such is often requested.
Now I am seeing TV ads with cognac being poured over ice cubes.
To each his own, etc.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: