Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jokes you can play on UA employees.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Have your family wait on the lawn to greet your guests and take their hat and coats. Then if lots of them show up at once -- especially your best friends -- have all but one of your family go inside to take a break.

Even though you invited them for 7:00, tell them you've now confirmed them for the 4:00 dinner due to a schedule change. When they say they can't manage the new time and ask for the 8:00 dinner they know you invited other friends for, tell them they can't have it because your spouse is cooking -- even though your spouse was cooking the original 7:00.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott T.E. Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pinniped
Oooo...one more:

When they arrive, tell them that their scheduled 3PM dinner has now been delayed until 8PM. Tell them to leave.

When they return at 7:30PM, tell them "Sorry, your dinner actually took place at 4:30PM. Where were you?"
So that has happened to someone other than me. I KNEW IT!
Old Oct 12, 2006, 11:13 pm

Such a lame thread.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:05 am

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
Originally Posted by letiole
Since they are still entitled to dinner tonight, you will reaccommodate them at McDonald's.
No. This won't work. We all know that UA doesn't have a ticketing arrangement with WN.

Timothy

How about DH? Oh. Hrm. How about our code share partner, US?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Classic thread. ^ ^

I just found out about it from Talkmail. I was out of country the whole time when this thread was active... sorry to miss the great laughs.

Originally Posted by ClipperClub
I think I should start a thread about how the UA employee can play the role of 'customer' too.....

That will be great, and I hope all the people on this board take the remarks lightly and have great laughs.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 5:38 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
Serve a really crappy meal but talk it up:

Tuna noodle casserole (the kind with condensed mushroom soup and frozen peas) would be described as:

Tender and buttery pasta ribbons complemented with wild green sweet peas, accented with porcini and button mushrooms and generous pieces of albacore. Garnished with delightfully crisp yellow onions and finished in a rich cream sauce.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sowalsky
Serve a really crappy meal but talk it up:

Tuna noodle casserole (the kind with condensed mushroom soup and frozen peas) ...
Mom, is that you?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 6:47 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shisochou
Have a huge bag of ice available for the party. When your guests arrive, spend 10 or so minutes pounding the ice bag as loudly as possible.
Best one yet!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SPG Platinum
awesome

A few more late entries:

Replace your doorbell with a phone. Have an IVR system answer
  • First, ask them to enter their frequent flier number.
  • Ask them to press 1 if they are dining domestically and 2 if they are dining internationally
  • Ask them to press 1 if they are dining tonight and 2 if they are dining another night
  • Then tell them their call is important to you. Play Rhapsody in Blue for 20 minutes. Occasionally, pause, make a sound like you are picking up, then go back to the music
  • Finally, open the door. Instead of greeting them, ask them what their frequent flier is, if they are dining domestically, and if they are dining tonight.
  • Tell them to hold on, shut the door for another five minutes, and let them hear random sounds of typing
  • Finally, open the door, let them in and ask if all their service needs have been met.

Last edited by Sooks; Oct 13, 2006 at 8:44 am
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:42 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by WatchYourElbows
Such a lame thread.
Why do you say that? It's just a joke.
Nobody is actually going to do any of these things (I hope).
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
...Still Working

(I think I'm going to continue randomly interjecting this for ages for maximum effect).
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:43 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
After dinner tell your co-host how "marvellous" they are and thank them for "all their hard work".

B
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:57 am

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM
"Enhance" the meal by NOT serving anything but soda and pretzels...
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:03 am

1. When all your friends are seated, make a show of going round and counting heads while consulting a piece of paper and maintaining a quizzical look on your face.
2. Retire to the kitchen and show the piece of paper to your spouse, and have a whispered conversation glancing in your guests direction every minute or so.
3. Repeat 1 and 2 several times.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:50 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

If some of your friends happen to come in late after everyone is seated, tell some of the others who are seated already if they could move to different seats so the latecomers can sit next to whom they want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.