Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Any phone # for speaking to US based rep. instead of India when booking rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

I have had terrible experiences trying to get a clear connection and someone who understands english to book free ticket.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
It's all seemingly random in the case of UA; just keep calling back until you get somebody you can understand. Then get their ID and call center details so you can write a letter to UA about how much more helpful it was to be able to understand them easily!

The company I work for employs thousands of Indians, most of whom are very difficult to understand in verbal communication, but they're several levels and time zones away from the user community. Thus, it really only causes problems for level 2 support folks like me who are trying to trouble-shoot major technical issues.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by mlsmn
I have had terrible experiences trying to get a clear connection and someone who understands english to book free ticket.
I think if you call in the morning and early afternoon you have a greater chance of getting the HNL or IAD call centers...but if you call late at night or at night then you get Bombay call centers...I understand your grief. I actually dont think companies like UAL and citibank are really benefiting from all of this outsourcing. But then again I bet they weed out a lot of superfluous calls by people just being frustrated and just giving up.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 3:35 am

Programs: CO silver
Thumbs down re: INDIA Call Center

I always get Honolulu when I call at 11pm PST. I don't know if you are dialing the local numbers of the country in which you are traveling. I
then go to call shops and dial the USA direct numbers & 1k line I've talked to India once and they made me believe that my $200 unused- change/penalty fee ticket was actually now worth nothing and they apologized that I had now lost $600 which was untrue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.