Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The biggest detractor to UA’s revenue

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2006, 3:54 pm

I'm sorry if you misunderstood my post.

I believe that the service should be exceptional on all flights. What I am saying is that it probably won't happen because they do have f/a's who have been flying for over 35 years who are now being forced to stay on because of their loss of pension and pay. They really can't go anywhere else because, even with a degree, they have no work history attached to it. When United decided to decimate the work group, they forgot that this group is essentially the Face of United. These people now feel like their hands are tied. Do this little test, next time you see a very happy, outgoing f/a with over 20 years of seniority, ask him/her if they have someone else at home who is responsible to pay the bills. I bet 95% of them do. They are doing the job because they love it, the others feel trapped to it. They can't be forced to quit (nor afford to) and United only values dependability. Considering that most of the US carriers have now followed the same management style, I doubt you'll see much of a difference at any carrier in the states.

You are NOT wrong in your thinking that service should come first, it should. But you are wrong in your thinking that it is going to change. After the paycuts, the people who quit were mostly people with under 10 years seniority who chose to try other careers. With the new hires, they have lost over 35%. That is telling, isn't it?

These are just the facts and the reality of the situation.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA
We have friends from China and she visits my wife once a year. Always on paid C or F ticket. She flies on CX and ended up once on UA. She will tell you that this was the first and last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.