Wiki Posts
Search

award vs $ - value question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
award vs $ - value question

I will be going from CDG to ATH for a weekend in Sept during a business trip. LH has flights for about 300E ($400). There are no Y award tix right now, but i have Biz tix on LX on hold for 40,000 miles. I have miles, don't really need the EQMs from a short trip. What's the value of miles to money?
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That value depends on who you are, and what your circumstances are. Personally, I don't think it is worth it. For only double that, I could do a C award for US->Europe, and that is worth more than $800 to me.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1P
My personal cutoff is 1.7 cents per mile. If the miles ticket is worth more than that, miles are fair game. But I try for higher, of course. Blogged here, and a whole value-of-miles tutorial here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.