FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Help: Can i transfer miles from another airline to UA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/584815-help-can-i-transfer-miles-another-airline-ua.html)

topotheworld07 Jul 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Help: Can i transfer miles from another airline to UA?

I need advice. I am a FF of both Emirates Airlines and United Airlines. I just noticed that they are both partner airlines. Since i am a much more frequent flyer of united than Emirates i wanted to transfer my emirates miles to united. Is this possible?? I really dont want to waste my miles. Please can someone help or give me some advice on what to do? Thank you.

magicrat Jul 30, 2006 5:53 pm

No, you can't transfer your miles. Welcome to FT!

TerryK Jul 30, 2006 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by topotheworld07
I need advice. I am a FF of both Emirates Airlines and United Airlines. I just noticed that they are both partner airlines. Since i am a much more frequent flyer of united than Emirates i wanted to transfer my emirates miles to united. Is this possible?? I really dont want to waste my miles. Please can someone help or give me some advice on what to do? Thank you.

You could decide which program, UA or EK, to put your miles in when you check-in for your flights. Once they are in the program, they are stuck. You could only spend them.

Beerman92 Jul 30, 2006 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
You could decide which program, UA or EK, to put your miles in when you check-in for your flights. Once they are in the program, they are stuck. You could only spend them.

And of course I will throw in the obligatory CC plug. Become a contributing member of FT and post 90 times and after 90 days you will have access to coupon connection where you might be able to do what you are seeking.

dcgators Jul 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Welcome to FT. ^

Sorry but those miles cannot be transferred as previously mentioned. Kee p posting and you might be able to trade them as posted earlier.

Or you can just earn enough for an award on Emirates and then start banking your flights to UA.

expressboy Jul 31, 2006 9:28 am

Just a note. If you decide to switch to United Mileage Plus, the Emirates flights take forever to post (about 3 months).

Cheers
expressboy

stevenshev Jul 31, 2006 9:53 pm

Okay, kids, this is not entirely true. Okay, so Mileage Plus is a oneway program, granted (in only). That doesn't mean that Skywards necessarily is. Theoretically if he can find a hotel chain that partners with them he can transfer the miles there and then to United. Granted he'll lose a ton of miles, but it'll work. (Say NW->*wood->UAMP...100000 points would become about 20-30000).