Community
Wiki Posts
Search

*A Upgrades finally here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Swiss ?

Surprised LX (Swiss) is missing, while the rest of the LH / Miles & More group is up by 24 July.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, *Wood Plat (Gold Lifetime)
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Just to confirm ... these are supposed to be advance, confirmed upgrades, right?

Anyone have the upgrade schedule (miles chart)?

Use the link:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...6/07/18&time=9

click on the "Star Alliance Upgrades" -- you will need to login to your MP account, and then you can find out what the miles are for certain routes by clicking on the "View the Star Alliance upgrade calculator."

Looks like most are 20K for Y to C, and 35K for C to F.

Important to note that you cannot upgrade if flying on a code-share. This is especially important for the gov flyers out there who utilize code-shares to count as "American Flagged."
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please note that new carriers may be added in phases, so this doesn't look to be the "final list" of carriers. That's just my own suspicion, so don't take it as a "hint."
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Flyin4MAG
Use the link:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...6/07/18&time=9

click on the "Star Alliance Upgrades" -- you will need to login to your MP account, and then you can find out what the miles are for certain routes by clicking on the "View the Star Alliance upgrade calculator."

Looks like most are 20K for Y to C, and 35K for C to F.
Looks like the Y->C range is from 10-30k, and the C->F range is 15k-40k. Both in 5K increments it seems. I guess the ranges aren't fixed between the C & F upgrades?
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flyin4MAG
Important to note that you cannot upgrade if flying on a code-share. This is especially important for the gov flyers out there who utilize code-shares to count as "American Flagged."
Does that mean that you must book on the desired airlines website...and not UA? When booking on UA, for example to WAW, it comes up as UA 4763 (Operated by LOT), or to ZRH, UA.com has UA 8626 ??
How do you choose which fare class? it seems to come up with whatever is cheaper, and I also notice no SAS yet.

PS-- on another note, can anyone post the 1K Only website? I use to have it, then it disappeard from my favorites, and I can't seem to find it on UA.com. I sent a msg to UA earlier this am, and so far no response... Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:42 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
It looks like North America to Japan costs 25,000 miles each way for Y to C.
And North America to Japan costs 40,000 miles each way for C to F. Or is that Y to F?

Last edited by roberto99; Jul 18, 2006 at 9:19 am
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mauld
Does that mean that you must book on the desired airlines website...and not UA? When booking on UA, for example to WAW, it comes up as UA 4763 (Operated by LOT), or to ZRH, UA.com has UA 8626 ??
How do you choose which fare class? it seems to come up with whatever is cheaper, and I also notice no SAS yet.

PS-- on another note, can anyone post the 1K Only website? I use to have it, then it disappeard from my favorites, and I can't seem to find it on UA.com. I sent a msg to UA earlier this am, and so far no response... Thanks!
There's a link here:

http://www.united.com/page/middlepag...3,1168,00.html
Old Jul 18, 2006, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roberto99
It looks like North America to Japan costs 50,000 miles each way for Y to C.

Yikes!
Huh? Do you mean RT? It is 25K each way from LAX-NRT & JFK-NRT, the two cities I checked. If you book Y/B on SQ/NH and upgrade for 25K, I still think you're getting a better deal than 15K to sit in NC on UA.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:10 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by qasr
Huh? Do you mean RT? It is 25K each way from LAX-NRT & JFK-NRT, the two cities I checked. If you book Y/B on SQ/NH and upgrade for 25K, I still think you're getting a better deal than 15K to sit in NC on UA.
Yes, you're correct. I misread the display.

I'll correct my post.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, MR LTGold, UA, AA, AS, DL, Global Entry & TSAPre✓
The link that I use for the 1K Only site is: http://www.united.com/1k/1konly
It is easy for me to remember, and then "forwards" to the actual destination page.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the LH chart (pdf) for comparison. UA is cheaper, but not by much.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jujube
Why? SQ is run by cheap ba$tards and they are only keen on folks paying for the full priviledge to fly in their biz class.
Rightly so. That's why I fly SQ with the full knowledge that the guy next to me didn't upgrade with one of his 16 SWU's from his W-class US$650 ticket.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, *Wood Plat (Gold Lifetime)

I believe that is exactly what it means, or if you use an agent, consolidator, etc, then just make sure that they are not pulling the code-share. This happens to me often, and I am able to either pull the code-share, or the foreign carrier itself, more often than not for the same price.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by flyUAyounger
Rightly so. That's why I fly SQ with the full knowledge that the guy next to me didn't upgrade with one of his 16 SWU's from his W-class US$650 ticket.
Who is this guy?? 16 SWUs! He must be doing something right!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I am hoping that they will allow me to upgrade on SQ this September as I will be on either S (equivalent to Y) or B.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.