Narita RCC WiFi

Old Jun 27, 2006, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Narita RCC WiFi

Flew SEA->TPE yesterday through Narita. Stopped at the Narita RCC for a quick shower and email session.

Upon connecting to the RCC wireless access point, I noticed that the UNITED3F and UNITED4F SSID's had been replaced by a single UNITED SSID, and upon connecting to this SSID, the initial terms and conditions web page was new.

Usually, when the Narita RCC is busy (as it was yesterday), wireless access is very hit and miss with slow speeds and dropped connections. Yesterday, my connection was rock solid, it never dropped once, speed was good, and I was even able to fire up my Cisco VPN software to connect to my company's email server.

Good work United! ^
Old Jun 27, 2006, 6:14 am

Programs: UA, ANA, BA
Good to hear. Thanks for the update. ^
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:10 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Beats me why anyone would use the RCC when the new ANA lounges are so much better.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Beats me why anyone would use the RCC when the new ANA lounges are so much better.
Does the ANA lounge have a Beer machine?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Where's the new ANA lounge located?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:36 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RickStevesWannabe
Does the ANA lounge have a Beer machine?
The one in Satellite 4 has two beer machines...and Bud cans if you feel like a change.

Took a few pics last weekend: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2104870449
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:43 am

The one in Satellite 4 has two beer machines...and Bud cans if you feel like a change.

Took a few pics last weekend: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2104870449
Looks very impressive.

I'll take a peek next time I'm over there. Thx! And Great pics!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by RickStevesWannabe
Looks very impressive.

I'll take a peek next time I'm over there. Thx! And Great pics!

Thanks, will look for it this coming Friday.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:08 am
Suspended

Wow! That lounge looks amazing! Is it near RCC/UA gates?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS, AA EXEC PLAT,HH GOLD, BONVOY GOLD
It took UA a while, but they finally got their act together with respect to the wifi at the NRT RCC.

It works great now, on my last 2 experiences.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:40 am

Can anyone comment if the ANA lounge is close to the UA gates or the RCC?
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Is it near RCC/UA gates?
RCC is at Satellite 3. ANA lounge is at Satellite 4. UA flights leave from gates all along the stretch between and including the two Satellites.

See: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1123,00.html
Old Jun 27, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat
I was in the NRT RCC for about 3 hours on Monday, and wireless was very fast and stable. Absolutely no problems. I'll admit that it wasn't packed with customers, but certainly not empty either.

Of course I checked out the new NH biz lounge near gate 42, and have to agree that it looks great. However, there are no windows at all since it is downstairs. Also the wireless was incredibly slow, to the point of being unusable because the connection kept timing out.

In terms of food/snacks I will miss the SQ lounge for sure although this new lounge appears to provide some kind of Soba noodle soup freshly made upon request.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by merlin
Of course I checked out the new NH biz lounge near gate 42, and have to agree that it looks great. However, there are no windows at all since it is downstairs. Also the wireless was incredibly slow, to the point of being unusable because the connection kept timing out.
True...no windows in the ANA C lounge was a big downside. I suppose the ANA F lounge would have windows since its upstairs (on the same level as the UA IFL I think).

I used the wireless in the ANA lounge and did notice that it was slow to resolve any new website domain one went to, but once there, navigation within that domain was extremely quick. Did not have any connection timeouts in the 2 hours that I was online.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Came through security right next to gate 31. Flight departed from gate 33. Limited layover meant no time to walk down to gate 42/43. That's why

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.