Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"LAX Elite Check-In [Terminals 6/7] Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Old May 26, 06, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United P1 and million miler

United has reopened Terminal 6 (the former "International ticket lobby") for security. You used to have to go thru the far end on Terminal 7; now if you enetr there you'll have to walk as far as the old (now reopened) security checkpoint at the junction of terminals 6 & 7. Hooray.
Old May 27, 06, 6:13 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by mrrego
United has reopened Terminal 6 (the former "International ticket lobby") for security. You used to have to go thru the far end on Terminal 7; now if you enetr there you'll have to walk as far as the old (now reopened) security checkpoint at the junction of terminals 6 & 7. Hooray.
In much the same manner as there is a permanent sticky for United.com gripes, I propose a sticky for "This Week's Changes to LAX Layout and Setup"

Old May 27, 06, 8:44 am

LAX priority lines

Any special hints on locations of any priority checkpoints for either Premier Exec., business class, PS service? Will be travelling tomorrow morning on a 7am and will be facing the usual early morning madhouse at LAX.
Old May 27, 06, 11:24 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

It never closed.
Old May 27, 06, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1KMMGS, EK Skywards Silver, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by MKE-MR
In much the same manner as there is a permanent sticky for United.com gripes, I propose a sticky for "This Week's Changes to LAX Layout and Setup"

Amen - it is simply ludicrous how often that has changed over the past couple months. Last Monday early afternoon, they shoveled everybody into ONE line in the corridor leading from T6 into T7 and TSA has exactly ONE screening post operating. Seems to be completely random
Old May 27, 06, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by auh2o
It never closed.
That was my thought too... I've never seen that entrance closed. But then again, I figured that it could have changed back & forth a dozen times in the couple weeks I didn't fly out of LAX!
Old May 27, 06, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United P1 and million miler
Prioroty checkpoint for Sunday at LAX

Go into the Terminal 6 lobby closest to Terminal 7. There'll be a mob in line, but an elite line against the right-hand wall.
Old May 27, 06, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Go into the Terminal 6 lobby closest to Terminal 7. There'll be a mob in line, but an elite line against the right-hand wall.
I learn something new on FT every day, but I have alzheimers. YMMV
Old May 27, 06, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
I'm there every week, and yes it never closes. BUT...the elite line now causes you to have to physically cut in front of the peons...backspace...good folks who've been in line for an hour. Talk about glares and stares...
Old May 27, 06, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
I learn something new on FT every day, but I have alzheimers. YMMV
Wimpy...I expect more from you. That has been the same for 3 years now.

Edited to add
Old May 27, 06, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by auh2o
Wimpy...I expect more from you. That has been the same for 3 years now.
What was the question?

Edited to add - I'm glad you eventually understood my sense of hum(o)ur ^
Old May 27, 06, 8:37 pm

T6 checkin

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 07, 9:11 pm

LAX Checkin

Anyone at LAX for Sunday AM departure? I was at Intl check-in (had paper ticket) around 9:30AM, and there were about 20 people waiting to check in. There were, however, only 1.5 ground agents (the "other" 0.5 was helping "special services" customers as well, which was also a long queue).
I could not find a line for priority check in (First, Business or Premier), so I had to be on the line with a bunch of Y ticketholders
It took me 40 minutes to get to the agent, who was not very polite. I had a confirmed reservation in business class; no check-in luggage, so I was done in 30 seconds.
Old Feb 18, 07, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
A couple of things:

1. Elite/Premium cabin check in is actually at Terminal 6, away from domestic and int'l check in at Terminal 7. They recently moved this area.

2. If you had no luggage to check, you could have used easy check in online to receive a redemption card to enter security and then receive your BP at the gate.

Last edited by BlissWorld; Feb 19, 07 at 12:04 am
Old Feb 18, 07, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by kljkav2 View Post
I could not find a line for priority check in (First, Business or Premier), so I had to be on the line with a bunch of Y ticketholders
If it was an international flight, I assume you were in Terminal 6, correct?

If so, did you look to the far left of the terminal? That's where the Premiere check-in lines are.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: