Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"LAX Elite Check-In [Terminals 6/7] Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"LAX Elite Check-In [Terminals 6/7] Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2007, 7:43 pm

I flew out of LAX last Thursday (UA 924 to IAD) and the elite security line was a breeze -- less than five minutes from the end of the line to leaving the security area and walking to the gate. There was a much longer line for the regular passengers, but not as long as one sees at Dulles.

Certainly the elite line at LAX was far faster than the rental car shuttle which had to stop at all the other terminals before getting to T6/T7. I had not been to LAX since 1988 (!) and agree with the other posters that the layout is a mess; LAX needs to have some sort of tram system (as at SFO) so that all the car rental and hotel shuttles don't have to compete with taxis and private cars in the departure/arrivals lanes. One can dream...
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
PS, when it's at T6, I always just tell shuttle drivers that my airline is "Continental".
"United First" has always worked for me.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by rar indeed
That works maybe 20% of the time for me, on the combined EasyPark, Parking Spot Sepulveda, and Union Station FlyAway bus. I usually just walk back a ways from T7.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Lifetime *G
Originally Posted by rar indeed
I'm with the Continental advice.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:03 pm

OK, I never fly out of LAX. I have a domestic flight tomorrow morning though. .bomb states that elite check-in and security is in T7 on the west end. Reading through this thread I'm somewhat confused as it appears there are two elite check-in areas?

I'm flying with my 3P wife and GM son. They are already checked in online. I have to speak with an agent so I want to check in at the elite check-in.

My questions to anyone with advice would be:

1. Which check-in should I use for the greatest amount of ease?

2. Will my 3P wife and GM son be able to use the elite security line with me? (I noticed after reading .bomb that it doesn't list 3P's despite that being a published benefit)

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by uswest33
....bomb states that elite check-in and security is in T7 on the west end
1. Which check-in should I use for the greatest amount of ease?
You should use the elite check-in and security at the west end of T7

This time da bomb is correct. And yes your family will be able to join you at the elite areas.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:18 pm

Thanks, Tracer_SEA!
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
You should use the elite check-in and security at the west end of T7

This time da bomb is correct. And yes your family will be able to join you at the elite areas.
It's actually in the east side of T6

I was there at 10 this morning and there was someone checking for credentials for the first time in a long time ^
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
How long are elite lines at LAX for red-eyes?

I rarely (count on one hand) take domestic red-eyes, but am doing so tonight to arrive in DC in time for the Freddies tomorrow. Have a 11:15pm flight. What time should I arrive to LAX to clear security - ie, how long are the lines? Haven't decided if I'm checking or doing carry-on. I was leaning towards carry-on, but I hate doing the baggie thing for a 4-day trip.

Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA
I've never had more than a 15 minute trip from the curb to the gate.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I flew out at 10pm last week - didnt even look for the elite line and it took about 6 minutes
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks. Good to know! My last domestic red-eye was 2 years ago & prior to that hadn't done one in about 10 years. Usually my only red-eyes are to LHR, and that flight leaves at 5:30pm.

Cheers.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 2:58 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Ditto to what others have posted; lines are very short. Don't think any of the redeyes go out of Terminal 6, but if they do, don't forget about the CO side TSA checkpoint.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
The times I've taken a red-eye from LAX (and originated there vs. connecting), even the regular lines have been fine. I haven't even bothered to look for the elite lines those times--morning flights of course being an entirely different matter!
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
I take red-eyes out of LAX pretty often and I have never experienced any long lines when checking in or going through security. In fact, I don't recall waiting in line for long at LAX (even on a Friday at 5 p.m.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.