Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

"LAX Elite Check-In [Terminals 6/7] Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"LAX Elite Check-In [Terminals 6/7] Questions and Experiences" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
LAX premier line T6 no premier restriction last friday

I just went through LAX T6 the UA "premier" line last friday morning. I've been off flying about 1.5 months. They had no signs for any elite access and no one was checking ID or status. The lines were not terribly long - but I am wondering if this is a change to handling premier access at LAX. This checkpoint is right next to the premier desk at LAX.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
There are usually uniformed agents near the rope areas.

I've shown them elite card or boarding pass and theyve opened the rope to the front for me to walk past the 100 or so coach passengers.

Definitely needs some improving!
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
This is IAH every night. At a certain point in the evening--say 6pm, the elite line is the only line at the CO/UA terminal.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
They're doing some heavy construction in T-6 at LAX. The security lines keep getting moved around, and I have noticed inconsistencies in the elite security line access all summer long. I wouldn't read too heavily into this while construction is in progress.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:33 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SS255
They're doing some heavy construction in T-6 at LAX. The security lines keep getting moved around, and I have noticed inconsistencies in the elite security line access all summer long. I wouldn't read too heavily into this while construction is in progress.
The line being referred to is the elite line to the east of the UA elite check-in area that leads into T-7. In that same area there is also a line for non-elite travelers coming from T-7, the two lines blend together at the podium.

No construction on that side of the terminal, like there is in the area that leads directly into T-6.

Last edited by danville 1K; Sep 19, 2011 at 11:38 am Reason: Better explanation
Old Sep 19, 2011, 2:32 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I've had the same experience as danville 1K: checking in at the elite counters at the East end of T. 6, and walking farther East along the right wall to the T7 TSA elite line, I've found no construction disruption and the elite corridor has always been open.

Latest trip through here was this past Sat. at 5:45 p.m. took about 4-5 minutes from T6 check-in to going up the post-TSA T7 escalator to the RCC - and that included the TSA massage (aka pat-down).
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by FlyMan
Today at LAX T-6, I noticed the check-in area was changed to 'Continental' color which was fine. There are two lines with the mini carpet of United Elite Access or something, however, there was no sign - which class/elite for which line.

There was an agent standing in front of those two lines asked me where I was flying (no question about status or travel class). After my response, she told me to go the 2nd line. When I added I was a GS, then she directed me to the 1st line (to the left end).

There was no sign above the check-in counter either.

Is this another "new" United thing?
I checked in at LAX T6 on September 11th for LAX-ORD-AMS. I am a 1P and was traveling in F on the first leg and E+ on the second. This was also my first experience there with the new and improved signage. It was completely ridiculous.

Initially I only understood there to be two lines so I inadvertently ended up in the GS/IntlF line. AFter standing in that line for about 45 seconds an agent appeared from the door to the area behind the counters and made a beeline for me and immediately asked if I was Global Services. I responded that I was flying domestic first, and she quickly herded me down to the lines on the far right. Only after waiting for about 15 minutes did I bow out of line and only then did I see that as a 1P I should've been in the line beside the GS line according to the signage (which btw was turned backwards ).

This was the second time I have had to check-in at LAX in the last two months and both times have been complete cluster-"you-know-whats".
Old Sep 19, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I checked in at T6 this morning and also turned right from the Premier Lobby to go through T6 security (instead of turning left to the T7 checkpoint).

While construction at the T6 checkpoint has appeared to eliminate the premium line for now, the queue was very short, three lanes were open, and it only took a few minutes to get through. Also, the NoSs were turned off. Much better than the cramped T7 checkpoint with long lines and active NoSs that I had experienced the previous few times. ^
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:38 am

Programs: Fomerly UA 1K, now Gold... next year, who knows?
3 lines for TSA ID check

Yesterday I was instructed to use the "middle lane". Since the UA red signs went away and the new blue signs appeared, now there are 3 lanes...

1) General public
2) 1P, 2P, Silver and one other I can't recall
3) GS, 1K, first class

Three lines, but still the same 2 TSA podiums. he funny thing is the day prior I hadn't noticed the signs but there was nobody in the General line on the left, so I skipped by a few people in the Elite line, which had 4 or 5.

Last edited by Phil Level; Oct 20, 2011 at 9:14 am
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
This is great if 1K can now use the GS, Int. FC security lane at T7. It's been really bad in the mornings with 30-45 minute wait in the single Elite lane.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just went through Lax T6. 5minute line. NoS turned ON!

Also-was detained by TSA as they had a "drill" and told everyone to freeze. Will post a report on security forum specific to this.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Left on 10/25 on the red-eye - Decided to go through the T6 elite area after getting dropped off (~9:30 PM). No lines prior to getting boarding pass TSA inspected. All passengers sent through 2 lines funneled into one nudeoscope/backscatter scanning machine. Almost had my pants fall down with their last moment insistence to remove belt - had to hope for the best when holding my hands above my head during the scan. If I'm going to go through that area in the future at that hour, I'll probably asked to get dropped at T7 since it would have been much closer.

Just got back tonight (10/28) and went through the T7 upper security area. All passengers sent through nudeoscope - no metal detector scanners being used. I also asked TSA what the hours are for that area - They said 4 AM to 10 PM. FWIW.

David

p.s. Went thru today (11/11/11) @ ~ 5:15 AM. T7 upper was closed (gates down, people peering thru). So much for 4 AM open. T6 elite lines were short but only 4 scanners operational for 1st flights out so there was nowhere to go even once BPs were checked by TSA. Their CONOPS at the T6 scanners are now to have shoes on conveyor so things were backed up and slow.

Last edited by DELee; Nov 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.