Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD Sunday mess--made better by great GA

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 2:23 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
ORD Sunday mess--made better by great GA

Without going into boring detail, after a cancelled flight, re-route to ORD (which was experiencing a big weather mess), multiple delays, and dealing with surly CSRs, TAs and GAs, we finally stumbled on a GA (Kerri Alessi in ORD) that was willing to bend over backwards to make things right and get us home.

It's always nice to see that there are still a few UA employees out there that are willing to help and be good natured about it.
Old May 3, 2006, 3:28 pm

Lucky you. I think you're luckier than most. I've find in ORD they are a tad rude and like to complain about their heavy workload, blah blah blah.
Old May 3, 2006, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Glad to hear you had a good experience with one of the ORD GAs. There are so many complaints about them, it's nice to hear the positives Flights Sunday afternoon/evening at ORD weren't fun, it's never pretty when it's down to 1 runway for part of the day. I was in CLE Sunday (trying to fly home) where the last four flights to ORD were cancelled and only three agents working up front, eventually four. That didn't make their week any better.
Old May 3, 2006, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I hope you'll take a moment to write a letter. Such positive behavior should be acknowledged, appreciated, recognized, and encouraged.
Old May 3, 2006, 5:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MGJ2727
Lucky you. I think you're luckier than most. I've find in ORD they are a tad rude and like to complain about their heavy workload, blah blah blah.
I have not had that experience. They have heavy workloads but they handle them well.
Old May 3, 2006, 5:19 pm

Programs: SPG, UA, MR
Good to hear of your excellent experience with the GA. Personally, I try to avoid ORD like the plague now... DEN here I come!
Old May 3, 2006, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
ORD sure was a mess last Sunday...my flight to IAH was delayed by over 3 hrs.. and there were a slew of cancellations with long lines to re-book. You sure don't complain about a delay when you see that re-book line!

I've never had any problem with UA gate agents...although I've never really had a lot of need to interact with them. The ones that I have dealt with have been great.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:00 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I hope you'll take a moment to write a letter. Such positive behavior should be acknowledged, appreciated, recognized, and encouraged.
Absolutely. I did that the next day.

I must have dealt with ten different CSRs, TAs, RCC matrons, and GAs that day and she was the only one that really tried and got things done. Granted, only a couple were surly or rude, and at least two phone CSRs were fairly helpful (guess there's only so much they can do over the phone), but most had the "you're lucky we're even trying to accomodate you" attitude, even though none of it was my doing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.