Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Places to Smoke Airside While flying UA thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Places to Smoke Airside While flying UA thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1P. 880k lifetime miles, all on my own dime.
It is between gates 60 and 62. This link might help:
http://www.iflylax.com/lax_t6.html

Last edited by ORDSteve; Jan 12, 2007 at 8:06 am
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:20 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
See also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542653
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:02 am

Thanks for the info!
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:03 am

Just an update -- Concurrent with the smoking ban passed here in the November elections, Las Vegas McCarran Airport is, as of December 22 '06, completely non-smoking. The seats and ashtrays have been removed from the glass rooms throughout the terminal, and smoking is allowed only outside the terminal building in designated areas (the closest to the D gates being just before security, out the doors toward the parking garage).
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:06 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ORDSteve
It is between gates 60 and 62.
more specific....walk towards the ua gates located at the end of t-6. it will be on your left just after the restrooms which are just after the last co gate on the left (the walkway will begin to slope down and if you hit the entrance to the rotunda at the end of t-6 you've gone too far by about 30 feet). if you're flying out on ua from either t-7 or t-8, it should take you no longer than 10 mintues to walk or you can grab the courtesy cart located just inside the t6 security checkpoint by the bank of ua monitors (tho you might have to wait a few minutes for it to arrive which is why i prefer to walk).

n.b. the smoking patio is closed if it rains so if that happens, smoke outside in front of t-6 so you can use the t-6 security checkpoint as the line is geneally much shorter than the other ua lines. elites from ua can use this but i see that you're dl plat and where dl flies ex-t6 you should also be able to use it as well.

as an aside, the smoking patio is airside but just watch how many tsa folks who use the patio light up with lighters
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:12 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
Just an update -- Concurrent with the smoking ban passed here in the November elections, Las Vegas McCarran Airport is, as of December 22 '06, completely non-smoking. The seats and ashtrays have been removed from the glass rooms throughout the terminal, and smoking is allowed only outside the terminal building in designated areas (the closest to the D gates being just before security, out the doors toward the parking garage).
well, in the immortal words of homer j. simpson, "aw, crap!"
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:42 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thanks for the link, cblaisd. I will merge this into that tharead.

iluv2fly
moderator, UA
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
All the Hawaii airports have smoking areas, and they are currently marked as smoking areas.

However, your state legislature just passed a new comprehensive smoking ban that includes all the airports. I think it takes effect in November. Yes, they even decided to ban smoking in those nice open air areas at our airports.
So to update this, all of Hawaii's airports now do not allow smoking from cabin to curb, meaning once you're in the ticketing area of any Hawaii airport, smoking isn't allowed. One must smoke in designated smoking areas beyond the curb of the airport.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ChrisKSDF
Concurrent with the smoking ban passed here in the November elections, Las Vegas McCarran Airport is, as of December 22 '06, completely non-smoking.
Wow, I may have to re-evaluate my overall hatred of Las Vegas.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 5:56 am

Programs: UA 1K / HH Diamond
Smoking areas in ORD

Is there any smoking area after security in ORD or just a wishful thinking? Many thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by HowieG
Is there any smoking area after security in ORD
No. The UA RCC in C concourse used to have a room since many of the Asian flights departed from there, but the recent City of Chicago ban put the kibosh on that sometime last year. Now, its a "quiet/no cell phone" room.

Just heard this morning that State of Illinois HR passed a bill to ban smoking in all bars/pubs/indoor places. If it gets past the Senate, then Illinois will be just like CA in that respect, FYI.

Best, Dave
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
No more smoking in ORD. You have to go out of security and outside.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TonyBurr
No more smoking in ORD. You have to go out of security and outside.
It was great motivation for me to quit. Too much travelling and too few places.
Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Sure there is. It's a bit hard to find though. It's this place called "Rosemont."
Old Mar 30, 2007, 9:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hertz Gold 5*
It did pass a few years ago. There are some pubs/bars that get extentions though. http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/lo...340141414.html

You can't smoke anywhere in ORD anymore. There are a few places outside of the baggage claim where you can though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.