Customer Service staffing for summer 2006?

Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Customer Service staffing for summer 2006?

After experiencing declining customer service staff and gate agents these past few months at SFO and ORD and with airlines saying they are filling planes and making some money again, I wonder what this summer holds for UA as staffing levels dont seem to be adequate for increased travel this summer. You think we are in for a bad summer?
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Since online checkin and Mr. Chicken use has become much more common than in past years, I don't think we would see the same type of problems as past summers. However, irregular ops remain the wild card. As long as they have personnel ready to respond to big storm delays, and if Mr. Chicken can do the job rescheduling, it shouldn't be a total nightmare.

But who the hell knows?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.