Wiki Posts
Search

United sucks!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by lespoir

When I filed luggage loss, the first thing they (UAL) jumped on was asking me if I checked in the last minutes, begining to frame that it might have been my fault. When they asked me if it was due to transfer from another airlines.
I believe those are standard questions that are used to assist UA to trace your bags. I am not sure why you felt they jumped on you or trying to blame you. Would you be happier if they just scan or write down your tracking numbers and tell you to go away and wait for a call if they find it.

If you checked the bags in the last minute, UA will find out if the bags ever made to your scheduled flight or determine if it is on the next scheduled flight.

If you transfer from another airlines, UA will need to communicate with that airlines and check the interline records.

I fully understand how you feel. UA has lost my bags twice (delivered a day later in both cases) and damaged my bags twice in my over 1+ MM miles with them. I think that kind of statistics is pretty good considerling I flew a lot of internatioanl/RTW trips on multiple segments.

Regardless of your experience, I don't think it is appropriate to use the word "S**Ks" or calling out some of responses by fellow FTers on this forum "stupid" in a public forum.

I hope you have a good meeting on Monday and the bags are recovered to your satisfaction.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by venk
With that criterion ALL airlines suck. So a more reasonable discussion might be who sucks less. There is nothing in the OP to contribute to such a discussion.

Completely agree - and along this criterion United is certainly better than others - and miles ahead of US Air (for fellow Star Alliance flyers)
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1P
I know every airline loses luggage. KLM is among the worst, and of course I was not flying KLM. I flew UAL!
Your name wouldn't happen to be Jose, would it?
http://upgradetravel.blogspot.com/20...s-and-its.html

Sorry you lost your luggage. I hope you requested interim replacement for your stuff and filed a claim.

Good luck.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:49 am

Just my 2 cents:

1st cent - UA is not perfect and we know its strenghts and weaknesses, but to say that it "sucks" just because of one case of lost, or perhaps just misdirected and delayed luggage is a gross overstatement.

2nd cent - very often, in defence of UA, I see an answer: "Yes, UA is.... but XX or YY is even worse". So what? Excuse me, but what kind of argument is this? I really don't care about inferior competitors and I hope UA doesn't too. Instead of creating a sense of superiority over XX or YY, let's look at better performers, like ZZ or QQ and hope that UA will eventually match and better them. "I'm bad but others are even worse" attitude is not a good recipe for improvement.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
So many stupid responses here!
Look in the mirror.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:02 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I'm sorry, I don't have time to delete any more off-topic, personal jab/attack posts on this thread.

cblaisd
Moderator, United

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.