Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

You better swap seats or have nanny with screaming lap child in middle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You better swap seats or have nanny with screaming lap child in middle

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Change them on the floor of the bathroom
Perhaps the lowered toilet seat lid might be a better option. Fewer "misses"

I'm still trying to figure out how procreation obviates the sensibilities of some.... perhaps it just exagerates their base personality...

Pat
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC

Change them on the floor of the bathroom. Revolting that you changed a baby in the cabin.

(again) to you.
That would not be possible.

No changing table in the bathroom means the diapers get changed in the cabin.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Sneezy

Won't the top of a toilet seat work? How big can a baby be that has to have its diapers changed?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus

Fine then it should be the floor but NEVER the seat ... that is just disgusting for the people in the area and anyone who unluckily gets that seat next!
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:45 pm

Who on EARTH not?!?

You can be assured that BJ would have said something, and continued to say something, until the situation was resolved.
Agreed. And after a few ignored loud comments from other pax, I'd have been in his face, ripping him a new one.

Something along the lines of him wearing or eating the next dirty diaper if the kid gets changed in the seat again.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Agreed. And after a few ignored loud comments from other pax, I'd have been in his face, ripping him a new one.

Something along the lines of him wearing or eating the next dirty diaper if the kid gets changed in the seat again.
He was a big guy and I'm a wimp
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
He was a big guy and I'm a wimp
You know what they say about big guys, yes?

If you yelled something like "FUA", he might think of the fare you wish he had paid to get away from you, right?

Pat
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by camachinist
You know what they say about big guys, yes?

If you yelled something like "FUA", he might think of the fare you wish he had paid to get away from you, right?

Pat
No FUA fare LAX-SYD. wimpy could have shouted "FRT", but the parent might have though he was complaining about the smeel of the diaper change.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by qasr
Won't the top of a toilet seat work? How big can a baby be that has to have its diapers changed?
Not really big enough, and somewhat dangerous because it's small and the shape, which tends to cause Junior to slide off.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Change them on the floor of the bathroom. Revolting that you changed a baby in the cabin.

(again) to you.
BJ, I guess you are not a father.
Seriuosly, I use to travel with my children when they were young, before boarding,both their father & I read them the riot act.If they happened to misbehaved, one of us marched the child into to washroom & the act was read again.The child was also warned next time the act would be read in the public.Worked everytime.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
BJ, I guess you are not a father.
Seriuosly, I use to travel with my children when they were young, before boarding,both their father & I read them the riot act.If they happened to misbehaved, one of us marched the child into to washroom & the act was read again.The child was also warned next time the act would be read in the public.Worked everytime.
Sounds great... what does it have to do with changing them in the cabin on a C seat?
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Sounds great... what does it have to do with changing them in the cabin on a C seat?
That way, they don't even THINK about dirtying their diapers during the flight
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Not much, but it is more On Topic than some of the recent posts
Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
Normally I am in reasonable agreement with you, but floor of the bathroom??? Maybe in the handicapped bathrooom of the old 762 C section you could pull that off, but what other UA bathroom can you think of where there would actually somehow be space??? Unless you're talking about doing it with the door of the lav open, the parent crouching in the aisle outside the loo and the baby just inside the lav away from your delicate eyes.... (Yes, if there is a changing table, absolutely the changing should be done in the lav. But that's just not always the case!)
Yes, I'm exactly talking about the parent doing it with the door open, if necessary. 100% completely unacceptable to change the child in the cabin. 100%. There is no excuse and no other opinion is valid. Period.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K in training
Yes, I'm exactly talking about the parent doing it with the door open, if necessary. 100% completely unacceptable to change the child in the cabin. 100%. There is no excuse and no other opinion is valid. Period.
What if the infant is a 1K? No special favors then? He or she still has to suffer the indignity of being changed on the floor of the lav?

Oops, forgot to underline my opinion to make it official.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.