Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

US Air Club FREE entry for all elites - Feb 8th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat

US Air is offering free entry to their Club for any elite on any airline on Feb. 8th.

You’re invited to two great events on Wednesday, February 8th!

* The grand opening of the Los Angeles US Airways Club®.
* An open house in every US Airways Club location.

Admission is free:
* If you’re a member of the US Airways Club
* If you hold a valid Dividend Miles Preferred or FlightFund Elite membership card, or an elite frequent flyer card from any airline – just show it at the door!

Admission is just $20:
* For everyone. Half-price Club day passes are available at the door.

Stop by and check out our newest Club at LAX in Terminal 1, next to Gate 2 – or any of our 21 Club locations in 16 airports. Work, relax or just check out our airport oasis.
I don't quite see how this is a good idea, but if you're flying that day, and are an UA elite, and are in a concourse with an US Air Club why not give it a try.

Last edited by jsgoldbe; Feb 3, 2006 at 3:08 pm Reason: reformatted quote to reflect actual email formatting
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Grand opening? The US Club is already in operations - I was just there a few weeks ago. Did I miss somthing?
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Looks to me like it's $20.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
* Admission is free: If you’re a member of the US Airways Club

Kind of a no-brainer, huh? If you're a member of US Airways Club you get into the club for free? Oh, those marketing geniuses!

Looks like it's $20 for everyone else.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
* If you hold a valid Dividend Miles Preferred or FlightFund Elite membership card, or an elite frequent flyer card from any airline – just show it at the door!

Says if you're an elite frequent flyer from any airline, it's free.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by SamZeb

Says if you're an elite frequent flyer from any airline, it's free.
Not exactly.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by PSUhorty
Not exactly.
I read it as any airline elite will be allowed free access provided the traveler shows a current elite card. It seems to me that the only people who need to pay $20 are those who have no elite status on any airline, and who aren't already members of the US club (duh).

-Chris
Old Feb 3, 2006, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Exclamation

The cut and paste didn't capture the formatting of the original email. I have edited the original post to reflect the actual formatting of the received message.

It is clearly saying that elite members of any airline can get in for free on Feb. 8th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.