UA 777 Premium Economy leg room

Old Jan 14, 06, 10:32 am
Original Poster

UA 777 Premium Economy leg room

I just booked one of UA's extreme winter fares (or whatever they are calling them) - BOS-ORD-KIX. I have seats 17A (bulkhead row of premium economy) there and 17B. I was hoping to upgrade, but guess you can't from K class - oops! So, the question is, how much legroom does this row have and what do people do for a legrest? I'm likely to be travelling light so do I just use my bag as a footrest? Any creative solutions would be appreciated?

This idea makes me laugh! http://www.inflateus.com/cool_stools.htm
Old Jan 14, 06, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, UA
17A/B are always the seats I go for when in E+. You'll only beat the legroom with row 30, but there are too many distractions in the exit row to make that worthwhile.

As for a legrest - grab several pillows from the FA!
Old Jan 14, 06, 11:03 am

use your rollaboard as your leg rest.
Old Jan 14, 06, 12:32 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Starwood Platinum
SeatGuru also recommends 21H/J on one of the two 777 configurations, but notes it is used mostly on flights to Europe. I've got these two seats reserved on KIX-SFO in March, hoping for an equipment swap (17 A/B and H/J were unavailable). Does anyone know what the chances are of ending up with the "European" configuration on a transpac flight?
Old Jan 14, 06, 12:43 pm

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by goplaces
SeatGuru also recommends 21H/J on one of the two 777 configurations, but notes it is used mostly on flights to Europe. I've got these two seats reserved on KIX-SFO in March, hoping for an equipment swap (17 A/B and H/J were unavailable). Does anyone know what the chances are of ending up with the "European" configuration on a transpac flight?
IIRC that's the "XI" configuration on SeatGuru.com. The "XP" is the one without the crew rest seats in 17-19HJ (sticking to the 3-class versions capable of Pacific runs). I've only seen an XP 777 once flying in the last three years of flying a lot between IAD-DEN-ORD-LAX with many 777 legs in that time, so the XP 777s don't venture too far out of the Pacific, I'd guess.

Given that the non-Pacific 777s don't change around all that much, I'd guess offhand that your chances aren't very good for the Pacific 777s to do that. It's not like UA has a lot of options for swapping those things around - nowhere near like A319/A320 swaps out of ORD or LAX or various 737 version swaps at SFO, for example.

But maybe someone with more experience actually flying those routes will know better.

Last edited by Sneezy; Jan 14, 06 at 12:45 pm
Old Jan 14, 06, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I have seats 17A (bulkhead row of premium economy) there and 17B. So, the question is, how much legroom does this row have and what do people do for a legrest?
Outside of 30AB/30HJ, Row 17 has the most legroom on the plane, pretty much, when it comes to Economy.

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the 777
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316354

Search this Thread
Search Engine: