Wiki Posts
Search

Creating a stopover on Y ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Creating a stopover on Y ticket

I'm going to be flying from MLI-ORD-BWI on an upcoming Sunday. I need to be in Chicago on Saturday night. I'll be on a Government Y class ticket. Will I be able to fly from MLI-ORD on saturday and then continue on to BWI on sunday? Will there be a fee involved?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
You should be able to put a stopover in. I routinely do on my international Y fare tickets.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by uibd
I'm going to be flying from MLI-ORD-BWI on an upcoming Sunday. I need to be in Chicago on Saturday night. I'll be on a Government Y class ticket. Will I be able to fly from MLI-ORD on saturday and then continue on to BWI on sunday? Will there be a fee involved?
I'm not a professional on this in anyway, but from previous experience, I have nt had a fee charged for a stopover, however, this was on a different airline. My trip involved United and China Airlines, my travel agent said she could arrange a stopover for a fee charged by the airline, however she said that on my routing of ROR-MNL-TPE-SFO-DEN (ROR-MNL by Continental, MNL-TPE & TPE-SFO by China Airlines, SFO-DEN by United), I wanted to stay in SFO for an extra day to visit family, and she said to ask the agent at the desk in TPE to change my filght to Denver. I was skeptical if this would work, but it did, and no fees. Not sure about solely a United itin though.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:04 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Without question, 100%, unequiviclly no. You could exchange it for a YCA MLI -CHI if there is one an an additional YCA CHI-BWI though, paying the difference in the sum of the new fares and your original ticket. No penalty fee on the YCA ticket though.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by uibd
If the last flight into ORD Saturday does not allow a connection the same night to BWI, you can book the first flight out Sunday as a valid connection. You could then stand by Saturday morning for an early MLI-ORD (maybe even pay the $25 fee to confirm the change). You could also stand by for a later ORD-BWI flight. Unfortunately in your case this situation doesn't look possible because the last MLI-ORD flight still connects to BWI the same night. But maybe there is a variation I am missing.

Charles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.