Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Possible to combine CA and *A on award ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Is it possible to combine *A and CA flights on an award ticket? What I'm thinking of is *A to PEK or PVG and then CA within China. Obviously I could do this with two separate award tickets, but can I do it with one?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
You will need 2 seperate awards.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:27 pm
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
If you start your trip from SFO, LAX or JFK, then UA can issue you a single award ticket to fly to any city CA flys in China.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:43 pm
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
Also remember many *A airlines fly to inner cities of China, like Guangzhou, Xian, Kunming, Chengdu, Chongqin, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Dalian, Shenyang, Qingdao, .. in addition to the traditional port cities of PVG, PEK, HKG, and TPE.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:20 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Originally Posted by V9
If you start your trip from SFO, LAX or JFK, then UA can issue you a single award ticket to fly to any city CA flys in China.
This is true if you have only UA and CA flights. If you want to use *A flight I don't think it's possible even if you start your trip from gateway cities.

And if you use only UA and CA, you can originate from any city UA serves in NA and fly to any city CA serves in China, and it will be one award only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.