Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anything like a "challenge"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Anything like a "challenge"?

I have only flown a few times in my life on United, and I am not yet even a Mileage Plus member; this year I am gold on NW and AA (the latter from a "challenge"). However, they have an unbeatable California state government contract fare for SFO-NRT, and I have two research trips to Japan planned over the next 6 weeks (12/10-12/18 and 12/27-1/14). The state fare books into Y class, so I believe it should qualify for 150% EQM. That would give me 23K EQM in the month of December...almost but not quite enough for Premier status. Does United have anything like AA's challenges?

Thanks for any suggestions...
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:38 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HomelessScientist
I have only flown a few times in my life on United, and I am not yet even a Mileage Plus member; this year I am gold on NW and AA (the latter from a "challenge"). However, they have an unbeatable California state government contract fare for SFO-NRT, and I have two research trips to Japan planned over the next 6 weeks (12/10-12/18 and 12/27-1/14). The state fare books into Y class, so I believe it should qualify for 150% EQM. That would give me 23K EQM in the month of December...almost but not quite enough for Premier status. Does United have anything like AA's challenges?

I don't know if the Double Elite Qualifying Miles and Elite Qualifying Segments promotion is in line with what you are thinking.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0...qmeqsquestions
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by HomelessScientist

If you sign up for the double EQM promotion now you will receive double EQM for the SFO-NRT flight on 12/10. It ends on 12/15, and with the Y fare class (which does earn 150% EQM) and the double EQM for that flight it will get you at 25K miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.