Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India Center Just Cost UA 2 C ORD-NRT

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 6:58 pm
dawei

India Center Just Cost UA 2 C ORD-NRT

Maybe this is the only way they will get it? Anyway, I wanted the miles but since it was paid C anyway, we will be going on AA. To save a few dollars UA just lost $10,000 in revenue.

Rant off/

Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by dawei
Maybe this is the only way they will get it? Anyway, I wanted the miles but since it was paid C anyway, we will be going on AA. To save a few dollars UA just lost $10,000 in revenue.
Complain to us, UA doesn't learn.
Complain to UA by sending in a copy of the AA ticket, they might take the hint.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dawei

Rant off/
I had a similar frustration two months ago and dashed off on email to UA customer relations. In my case, UA lost a $6K business class booking from IAD to ATH (via FRA) because the agent I got was ridiculously unable to figure out how to get me from IAD to ATH. I ended up doing BA. The response to my email was unbelievably canned - the respondent (I now think that service has been outsourced too) actually informed me that outsourcing to India was a cost-effective decision - save $15 in payroll and lose $6K in revenue- wow, is that ever a Harvard Business Case in cost-ineffectiveness. I responded back that their response was unacceptable and got back another canned response to the effect- sorry you don't agree.

I sure hope many others are beseiging United on this matter. I shudder to think how many high revenue passengers they're losing due to this set up.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Hmmmm... I wonder if UA (or other airlines) should offer call centers for Business/First Class purchases only? @:-)
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Don't send the copy of the AA ticket to customer service. Send it to Tilton.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Hmmmm... I wonder if UA (or other airlines) should offer call centers for Business/First Class purchases only? @:-)
I know SQ has different agents for F/C ticket purchases. I think many airlines do the same.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:25 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Virgin does that. Press 1 if you are booking UC or something like that....
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by auh2o
Virgin does that. Press 1 if you are booking UC or something like that....
It seems like a good idea.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:34 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

It seems like a good idea.
For a while UA even gave the UGS number to full fare First International pax to use for that trip only.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:37 pm
dawei

A dedicated line makes a lot of sense. (all though the really good idea would be to dump the india center).

I still haven't bought the tickets, maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.... Really though I can think of no other company that makes it so hard to spend money with them.

Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by auh2o
For a while UA even gave the UGS number to full fare First International pax to use for that trip only.
Did they give it for booking too, or only for use once booked?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
Originally Posted by greg
The response to my email was unbelievably canned - the respondent (I now think that service has been outsourced too) actually informed me that outsourcing to India was a cost-effective decision - save $15 in payroll and lose $6K in revenue- wow, is that ever a Harvard Business Case in cost-ineffectiveness.
Actually, it's a lot more than that. My company has been outsourcing support to India as well. Positions that command a salary of maybe $60-70k/year in the USA are max $6-7k/year in India. Multiply that by a few hundred people in a call center, and that's a lot of C seats that can be lost while still being "cost-effective"
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer23
Positions that command a salary of maybe $60-70k/year in the USA are max $6-7k/year in India. Multiply that by a few hundred people in a call center, and that's a lot of C seats that can be lost while still being "cost-effective"
$60-70k/year? For a call center operator? I don't think so.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Don't send the copy of the AA ticket to customer service. Send it to Tilton.
I think that is a good idea. Perhaps he will take the hint.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
Originally Posted by Flyer23
Positions that command a salary of maybe $60-70k/year in the USA are max $6-7k/year in India.
If that is true, where do I sign up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.