Search

Award travel booking question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:07 am
CMV
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
Award travel booking question

Just booked two saver award tickets online: one for me and for my partner who has a different last name.

Normally, when I book tickets for my partner using miles, I have to sign a bluey at the airport. Do I need to do that in this case, or is it okay because we are traveling together?

FWIW, miles for both tickets were deducted from my account.

Thanks.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CMV
Just booked two saver award tickets online: one for me and for my partner who has a different last name.

Normally, when I book tickets for my partner using miles, I have to sign a bluey at the airport. Do I need to do that in this case, or is it okay because we are traveling together?

FWIW, miles for both tickets were deducted from my account.

Thanks.
I have bought award tickets for friends/family (different last names) online and haven't had to sign any waiver. Since you are travelling on the same flight, you can always sign the doc at checkin time if they need you to.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:43 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I always thought if it was done online that was good enough and a bluey was not necessary. If done via the phone then even when I traveled with a friend I had to do a mileage plus signature if memory serves me correctly. At any rate since you are flying together you should be fine.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
I just booked family travel and my spouse has a different last name. The agent said I might have some problems but since my spouse has an active MP account that shows the same mailing address as I have she said that things should go fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.