Community
Wiki Posts
Search

744 Return to Domestic Routes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
I agree with you about a three class 767, but a two class is a flying Greyhound. The "first class" is terrible.
Agreed, I flew a 3 class to ORD back in March (in C) and it was quite nice. Unfortunately, the one to ORD this time is a 2 class
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:42 pm

Programs: UAL M+
Exclamation DAMN UA.com

I was about to book a RT on 11/17-11/20, SFO-BDL (via ORD) and back.
In UA's timetable it shows the flights: 843 on 11/17 1:55pm and 139 on 11/20 at 10:05am are operated with B744s. As well as when you go to book the flight it shows it is operated by a 744 I wanted to travel on those days (i'm going to visit the folks) and I thought it'd be an added perk to fly on a 744, it's been 11 years since the last 744 flight I took.
Even though the times to take those flights are not as convenient/desirable, and it is a bit more expensive, I was going to go for it.
I go to select seats and the 2-3-2 seating configuration came up, ARRGH the damn 2 class 763! On the select seats map it even says the equipment is a 744 but both ways it gives the damn 763 seatmap...
So I called India to find out if this was a mistake, and they said their system shows both of those flights are operated on 763s, and there are no flights listed operating with 744s any of those days.
The timetable is very specific about what days what operates.
Can anyone shed some light?
Is there a way to confirm if this is truly being served with a 744 and not a 763.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cozdabuch
Is there a way to confirm if this is truly being served with a 744 and not a 763.
I believe there is a thread out there somewhere with a link to the UA cargo schedule which tells when widebodies are doing routes, let me dig it up.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:57 pm

OK, the link is:
http://www.unitedcargo.com/schedules/Widebody.xls

I never found the post, but I was able to find it on the UA cargo website. The sheet has WB (widebody) and NB (narrowbody). Unfortunately, i see both of the flights you mentioned are listed as 767's most of the time and 777's on certain days, but no 744's listed.

Then again, I wouldn't take it as gospel either. I have one fligt at Xmas time that is supposed to be a 744, and another that is a 767, but yet on the schedule it says the 744 leg is a 767 and the 767 leg shows as a 777........

So I guess take it with a grain of salt, but it is a starting point.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 2:28 am

The excel spreadsheet (see link in previous post) shows schedules until the end of October. Only international flights on this segment had 744 equipment.

But I also remember looking at this spreadsheet last November, and found out that there was an ORD-SFO flight when I was coming home from school. I upgraded myself (miles) to the upper deck. Awesome!
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:20 am

I was very happy to find that my LAX-ORD flight on 12/19 (UA855) was upgauged from a 763 to a 744.

I was doubly happy to find that my ORD-LAX flight on 12/29 (UA109) was also upgauged from a 752 to a 744.

^ ^ ^
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:20 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Latitudes
I was very happy to find that my LAX-ORD flight on 12/19 (UA855) was upgauged from a 763 to a 744.

I was doubly happy to find that my ORD-LAX flight on 12/29 (UA109) was also upgauged from a 752 to a 744.

^ ^ ^
From what source did you find this? My PC-based timetable doesn't show it...
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by cornellstudent
The excel spreadsheet (see link in previous post) shows schedules until the end of October.
Ahh ha, not so. The tab labeled "WB Sched eff. 10-31-05" lists the widebody schedule up through December 14, which explains why my flights are not listed correctly as they are on Decmber 23 and 28.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by thegingerman
See the link to the UA cargo schedule in post #19. It shows equipment type and the UA flight number which you can cross reference to your planned/scheduled UA flights.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 2:34 am

While on www.united.com checking my itineraries, the two segments had a note in red next to them telling me to call United and confirm the flights.

When I did, the agent advised the aircraft change to a 744. I selected my favorite seats and was very happy that both were available.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jasonvr
See the link to the UA cargo schedule in post #19. It shows equipment type and the UA flight number which you can cross reference to your planned/scheduled UA flights.
Well, not exactly. I was asking where Latitudes saw the 744's, as they aren't on any UA timetables I've seen so far, including the cargo spreadsheet. He clarified that he saw it on myItins and confirmed with Res. I haven't checked the timetable again, but I suspect they're not showing up as 744s there yet.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Superguy
There are much worse planes to fly on. CRJ anyone?

The 767's aren't bad. Seats are a little tight in the premium cabins, but they're good in Y. Main gripe though is the lack of overhead space.

Try to fly out of a city with all CRJ-200 service either to international connections or Ted flights. It is a miracle when I can actually fly an aircraft where I can upgrade. I will take a 767 anyday.

Quick aside: Fly a lot between BNA-IAD for weekend trips with the wife (all on UEX CRJ-200). Last trip wife went mid-week allowing me to book whatever I wanted, therefore chose to fly BNA_ORD_IAD to catch the 777 mid-day flight ORD-IAD.

Still had to fly a CRJ BNA-ORD and it took twice as long to get to IAD and had to walk a mile in ORD...... BUT drank cocktails out of glassware, had warm nuts, had a chilled salmon snack, watched the PTV with airshow, had Ch.9, reclined with a legrest, and didn't have someone sitting halfway into my seat. I will fly that connection any day over the direct CRJ.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:52 pm

Programs: UAL M+
Originally Posted by Latitudes
While on www.united.com checking my itineraries, the two segments had a note in red next to them telling me to call United and confirm the flights.

When I did, the agent advised the aircraft change to a 744. I selected my favorite seats and was very happy that both were available.

What flights? #'s and days?
I just really want to make an MR with 744 segments.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Well, not exactly. I was asking where Latitudes saw the 744's, as they aren't on any UA timetables I've seen so far, including the cargo spreadsheet. He clarified that he saw it on myItins and confirmed with Res. I haven't checked the timetable again, but I suspect they're not showing up as 744s there yet.
This could be related to the fact that N196UA will be back flying soon, so they will have a "spare" 744 to use in the rotation again.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
I sometimes think that UA doesn' t even know what planes are on a certain route.
This is a conversation I recently had in IAD (after getting worried about my seat assignments):
me : I thought the plane was supposed to be a A320 but, there's a 737 at the gate
GA: Sir, the computer tells me this flight is on an A320
Me: Well, look behind you and tell me what type of plane you see there
GA: Sir, the computer says it is an A320
Me: never mind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.