Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2007, 12:52 pm

Location: Primary: “Its largest airport was named for a World War II hero; its second largest, for a World War II battle.”, Secondary: 88NV via RNO
Programs: Hilton Diamond*, UA ex-2P, Chase
.bomb would rather I not go to OAK

I've notice an odd phenomenon. When searching ORD-OAK or ORD-SFO *with* alternate cities as an option, the ORD-OAK fares don't show in cost by price EVEN WHEN they are cheaper than the lowest ORD-SFO or ORD-SJC....

Yes, allowing for alternate cities on ORD-OAK drives the price up.

Especially annoying when since they are supposedly co-terminals. I'm actually looking for ORD-OAK or SFO (where I can take BART to Market St.) and have no interest in trekking to SJC.

ugh
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by KPChicago
I've notice an odd phenomenon. When searching ORD-OAK or ORD-SFO *with* alternate cities as an option, the ORD-OAK fares don't show in cost by price EVEN WHEN they are cheaper than the lowest ORD-SFO or ORD-SJC....

Yes, allowing for alternate cities on ORD-OAK drives the price up.

Especially annoying when since they are supposedly co-terminals. I'm actually looking for ORD-OAK or SFO (where I can take BART to Market St.) and have no interest in trekking to SJC.

ugh
same here and the same if i choose oak and select alternative airports. if i wanted sjc, i'd choose it and personally, i think it's more of a schlepp then a trek to sjc from sf
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:11 pm

.BOMB strikes again

Well, I never realised how bad United.com really is until I tried to book a flight today.

Flying UA-UA outbound, UA-AC(codeshared by UA) return. So I get to the page to enter your frequent flyer number. For United, I enter my Aeroplan number. For Air Canada, I enter my Aeroplan number.

Error comes back:
Frequent flyer number cannot be same.

Forget it, i'll book on Orbitz. At least they let me select seats for the Air Canada leg of the flight.

oops- just noticed the mega consolidated thread up top. Mod can delete this gripe. :P

Last edited by CorSter; Feb 21, 2007 at 8:01 pm
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CorSter
For United, I enter my Aeroplan number.
If it's asking for your MP number, why are you entering your Aeroplan number? The fact that it gave an error seems right, though the real error should have been something more on the lines of "invalid MP number".
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:20 pm

here are my options:

United [Drop box to select program] [Enter Number Here]
Air Canada [Drop box to select program] [Enter Number Here]

I select Air Canada in both drop boxes, and then enter my Aeroplan number in both.

see:
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5144/unitedbm5.jpg

Last edited by CorSter; Feb 21, 2007 at 7:26 pm
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CorSter
here are my options
Sorry, I've never seen that screen so I don't know what to say. Maybe it's because I have everything in my profile.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:33 pm

I'm presuming it's possible that just entering it for United will also credit the Air Canada leg to Aeroplan, but I'm not sure. I'll probably book through Orbitz so I can select a seat on the Air Canada leg, and add my FF# at checkin. It's not like we can get E+ for *G anymore anyways.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 8:52 pm

As well, if I book on Orbitz, is there any difference in booking UA to UA Codeshare as opposed to UA to AC? I assume it's still on a single ticket either way.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
To the OP: when this occurs you just need to put your aeroplan number in once. It is a programming glitch but if you don't put it in both columns, it will be fine. Had this happen when I had a flight that had one leg on US and one on UA, and it asked for numbers for both, just but in my UA number in the first column and it went through.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 12:35 pm

Thanks, I now know for future reference. I already booked on Orbitz so I could select my seat on the Air Canada leg.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
A new low in underhand pricing on dot Bomb - the "inclusive" price increases by $180 when you try to select the flight.

This is for the $999 E Coast to Australia fare (dep by June 4, 5 day min). Increases by $180 as soon as you select it. Details here
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Same thing here with PHX-TPE. Once you select the fare, it comes up with something that is $180 more and ask you to ckeck a box. Tried different dates over the last few hours and the same thing kept happening.

Called UA and the lowest fare the agent saw was the one with the extra $180. Maybe they changed the fare on the fare mainframe and the web is still catching up?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Problem Viewing Seat Map with MSIE

Starting a few days ago, on united.com at Flight Search > Select, when I click on View Seat Map, using MSIE ver. 7.0.5730.11, nothing happens. Using Mozilla, the seat map comes up just fine. I've allowed popups from *.united.com. Seat maps come up on MSIE OK when at My Itineraries > Seat Assignment, but not at Flight Search. This happens on two different computers. Does anyone else have this happening?
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
The 1K site hasn't functioned for me today.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
bomb loses passwords

I got an "access denied" just now from .bomb with directions to call their password reset line. The person on the other end tells me that the elite programming staff lost several passwords last night, and everyone affected by this will have to be on hold for a while waiting for UA to reset the password.

I did this, and the response to the reset screen was "access denied", but the reset seemed to work anyway.

Idiots!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.