Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
How many hours now? It really is a pip. I logged on finally to my husband's account. Looked up his upgrades. Logged out. Logged into my account, got my mileage summary but HIS upgrades. Wooo! How did I do that!! I am MOST unhappy about this mess. Don't impose your BETA on the unsuspecting public, UA! Bill Gates, having seen what a success UA had with letting public do its debugging, has followed suit with his new toolbar, etc. Who knows where this will all end?
Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
whoa...

over 10 posts referencing idempotent and nobody wanted to say that the bomb is "empotent"<rimshot. ok, weak but still a rimshot>

ok, i see the penalty box door opening......
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by Karen2
Looked up his upgrades. Logged out. Logged into my account, got my mileage summary but HIS upgrades. Wooo! How did I do that!! I am MOST unhappy about this mess. Don't impose your BETA on the unsuspecting public, UA! Bill Gates, having seen what a success UA had with letting public do its debugging, has followed suit with his new toolbar, etc. Who knows where this will all end?
This is likely a cookies/cache issue. Happens all the time with other sites. I would clear your cookies/cache and try again.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by goalie
whoa...

over 10 posts referencing idempotent and nobody wanted to say that the bomb is "empotent"<rimshot. ok, weak but still a rimshot>

ok, i see the penalty box door opening......
You know, when I saw that I first thought about linear operators...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: UA-Gold MM, SPG Plat
Thumbs up Love the Design of Flight Status Information

Disregarding the accuracy of the data itself, I really think united.com is one of the best airline websites when it comes to clearly displaying all flights between two airports, and the actual status of those flights on one page. Many others force one to request current status information one flight at a time, making it difficult to get a bigger picture of the overall trend for that day.

I really hope it isn't redesigned and "enhanced" like for example the Expert Flight Search, which used to show us all fare bucket availability in a simple, clear and efficient way. None of that stupid "hovering" over links with the mouse that is now required one flight at a time.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
The website is hurting again this AM. All parts of it. I would also suspect that since UA issued the press release on how wonderful their site is they just invited denial of service attacks from all over the world... nice going!
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:05 pm

Still Down?

I haven't been able to access United.Com for two days. Using different browsers and different computers. Am I the only one?
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:57 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by SOMA1K
I haven't been able to access United.Com for two days. Using different browsers and different computers. Am I the only one?
You are not alone.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
ping of death

>tracert ual.com

Tracing route to ual.com [209.87.112.93]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 9 ms 10 ms 8 ms
3 9 ms * 10 ms
4 21 ms 7 ms *
5 16 ms 13 ms 12 ms 12.124.35.53
6 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms tbr1-p013101.sffca.ip.att.net [12.123.13.150]
7 55 ms 55 ms 56 ms tbr1-cl1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.10.5]
8 54 ms 53 ms 55 ms gar1-p370.chail.ip.att.net [12.123.4.69]
9 68 ms 53 ms 55 ms ge3-2.6.br01.chc01.pccwbtn.net [12.119.137.10]
10 54 ms 53 ms 53 ms border3.ge2-0-bbnet1.chg.pnap.net [64.94.32.7]
11 54 ms 57 ms 55 ms mypoints-9.border3.chg.pnap.net [64.94.34.210]
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * *

I think this explains a LOT of the site issues. When will UA put their site on a server closer to the backbone? (I have visions of a x386 connected by a 33.6 baud dial-up modem...but then again, I dream in color...)
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bet you guys didn't know this...but next week if you're flying LAX-SNA on Wednesday, the flight is gonna take 6 hours and 5 minutes on a 757.

I think we should all pitch in and hit the gym between now and then, hopefully the lighter load will cut the time down to 5 hours and 50 minutes?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Just booked a flight, PIT-SBA and couldn't select seats at booking. You could hover your cursor over a seat, but it won't let you click it. Grrrrrrrrr. I never thought I'd get this frustrated w/something so relatively minor. Nonetheless, booked, called UA, wasted their time AND my time to select seats.

So, that's now TWO seat selection issues; You can't select at booking coupled with not being able to change seats under my itins.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Originally Posted by goalie
yup and maybe you're on to something-wondering if anyone with a non-ps flight can confirm if they are having the same problem....
Happens to me on non-PS flights. Can'ts select seats from my itins.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:05 am

Programs: UA PP
Nuked my status

Wow, ua.bomb is affected by not only the western calendar New Year's but also by Chinese New Year's too. Logging in just past midnight throws an error when bringing up my mileage summary. Says "Hi lilazncanadian" on the left hand side. Says I'm a General Member, I have 0 miles and has an option to "Redeem Miles"

I think I'll use OLCI in the morning thanks before my E+ seats get taken away too... *sigh*
Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA
e-upgrade purchase error

Purchased one e-upgrade kit (4 @ 500-mile) today on united.com and printed out receipt stating that 1 kit at $200 was purchased. Go to e-upgrade summary and it shows that 8 500-mile e-upgrades were purchased. Spent two hours being bounced between customer service and web support (ICC). Customer service said web support needed to fix it, web support said I needed to contact customer service since it involved "miles."

No one could give me any information that I had purchased 2 kits nor could they cancel 1 kit. On my last call to web support (ICC) it took 30 minutes for the agent to show me the t&c's stating "no refunds". Although I was looking for a refund, I at least wanted the information on my supposedly second purchase so I could contest it.

Although I closed my browser after the first purchase I suspect that the purchase went through a second time. I have never heard of an on-line company where you purchase something and they cannot tell you what you purchased! Also, no emails confirming my purchase. I will now have to wait until the charges hit my credit card to contest one of them.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 9:46 am

Programs: UA; Amtrak
I booked IAD-NRT-BKK (UA 803+837) last week to travel next week. Both flights were showing C9 D9 Z9 NC0 so I requested an mileage upgrade from Y, and was fourth on the waitlist as a 1P. Reasonable chance, I thought.

Since Monday UA 803 has shown C8 D0 Z0 NC9 for the IAD-NRT segment, but my upgrade has not cleared. In the past, if one segment cleared, I was confirmed for that flight immediately (DCA-ORD before ORD-KIX, IAD-SFO before SFO-SYD), so I wouldn't think the problem is 837 still being C9 D9 Z9 NC0. Is it the past or the current pattern which is the fluke, or is united.com reporting bad bucket numbers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.