FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

goalie Feb 11, 2007 11:06 am

Originally Posted by frink (Post 7201286)
Is it a PS flight? For the last week or so .bomb thinks it doesn't know the aircraft type for a PS flight I'm taking from LAX to JFK (aircraft type is missing). The seatmapper doesn't let me go past the first leg (SJC-LAX) and then helpfully says it doesn't have the seatmaps for "codeshares". :rolleyes:

yup and maybe you're on to something-wondering if anyone with a non-ps flight can confirm if they are having the same problem.....

same thing happened for my ps flight last week and for my upcoming ps flights on 2/27-28. going oak-lax-jfk-lax-oak and in addtion to the above, my itins also shows no a/c type for my ps flight lax-jfk and my ux flight lax-oak as a 757-200 :eek: :eek: ;) .

UNITED959 Feb 11, 2007 12:12 pm

Okay, if the united.com geeks want to give their appearance that they're high tech and have implemented timed usage sessions...when the time is UP, why don't the have a screen autoload that indicates as such!?!? :mad:

Right now, I can have a multi-city form wide open on my PC for an hour, come back to the computer and enter all the information, use the calendar, etc. When I click "submit," the stupid thing THEN tells me my time had expired.

When forget about my AMEX screen, after about 10 minutes ago it shows a blank screen and tells me I've been logged out due to inactivity. Actually, just about every other website on the planet that works in this fashion displays such a screen. :rolleyes:

UNITED959 Feb 11, 2007 12:25 pm

Things I'd rather do than use united.com:

(1) Scrape bubble gum, covered by dogs--t, off the bottom of my shoe.
(2) Be forced to talk with a seatmate whose breath smells like he ate garlic, onion, a banana, and horseradish...all at once.
(3) Listen to my mother's speech about how I should be settling down and focused on starting a family.
(4) Talk with my attorney.
(5) I don't know how they do it, but I've heard that they collect the semen of really good race horses...I think I can figure out one technique. (I'd wear a glove.)

frink Feb 11, 2007 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 7202649)
yup and maybe you're on to something-wondering if anyone with a non-ps flight can confirm if they are having the same problem.....

I booked 3 of the low fare SJC-LAX-JFK PS flights. Usually I book, then pick my seats afterwards. I booked #1, went to pick my seats after the fact, then noticed the problem. When I booked #2 I noticed that the seat selection portion of checkout seemed to be working, so I figured it was a bug with flight #1, booked the flight, and then when I went to My Itinieraries to pick seats for #2 saw the same problem. When I booked #3 I picked my seats during checkout and those seemed to stick. My PS flights aren't until March. Please let me know if the correct aircraft ever shows up for you - maybe during OLCI?

bachfreak Feb 11, 2007 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by JAaronT (Post 7199682)
Download to calendar seems to be gone. I hope when it comes back, it's useful like it was on the old site.

Sad to see it gone as well - do we think it's gonna be back up sometime?

gfowler-ord-1k Feb 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959 (Post 7203014)
Things I'd rather do than use united.com:

(1) Scrape bubble gum, covered by dogs--t, off the bottom of my shoe.

You should submit "Booking flights on united.com" as a candidate for the Discovery Channel Dirty Job show .:D

frink Feb 11, 2007 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by goalie (Post 7202649)

I tried calling the automated reservation line, one of the options of which is "select seats." It said something like: "I see not all of your seats are assigned. Would you like me to assign them?" I said yes. It said: "I see from your MP profile you prefer window seats. <then i think it asked if that was what I wanted.>" I said yes and then it rattled off reasonable sounding seat assignments for the PS portions that previously didn't have seat assignments. Of course when I log into .bomb they don't show up there. Not sure if this is "progress" or not.

Update: I logged in again with a different browser (different cookies) and now the seat assignments that the phonebot gave me show up. The seat assignment button is still hosed the same way it was before, though - no aircraft listed and if I attempt to change my seats it only shows me the first flight and tells me the same nonsense about codeshares.

Update2: Repeated it for another set of PS flights I have. This time the window seats the phonebot gave me (#F, #F) wound up being marked in my itinerary as isle seats (#C, #C). Joy joy.

goalie Feb 12, 2007 9:49 am

Originally Posted by frink (Post 7206148)
I tried calling the automated reservation line, one of the options of which is "select seats." It said something like: "I see not all of your seats are assigned. Would you like me to assign them?" I said yes. It said: "I see from your MP profile you prefer window seats. <then i think it asked if that was what I wanted.>" I said yes and then it rattled off reasonable sounding seat assignments for the PS portions that previously didn't have seat assignments. Of course when I log into .bomb they don't show up there. Not sure if this is "progress" or not.

Update: I logged in again with a different browser (different cookies) and now the seat assignments that the phonebot gave me show up. The seat assignment button is still hosed the same way it was before, though - no aircraft listed and if I attempt to change my seats it only shows me the first flight and tells me the same nonsense about codeshares.

Update2: Repeated it for another set of PS flights I have. This time the window seats the phonebot gave me (#F, #F) wound up being marked in my itinerary as isle seats (#C, #C). Joy joy.

i think you better "quit while you're ahead" :eek:

UNITED959 Feb 12, 2007 6:29 pm

May have been already addressed, but I just discovered this lovely function:

Select the dates for travel & it pulls up my flight options. In the left bar, there's the area where one can modify their travel dates and cities. I click the drop down on the outbound date because I want to change it...and for some reason, I guess that tells the system to also change my return date to the last date of the month. :confused: I had no interest in ever changing the return date. :rolleyes:

I HATE UNITED.COM!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

hochstem06 Feb 13, 2007 5:11 pm

RCC Promo

I know sometimes UAL has RCC promos with like 10K EQM miles (I got a promo years ago, but haven't had one in a while..not sure if 10K EQM was exactly it). I know there is a standard 1K bonus currently, but it's not worth joining with that small of a bonus for me given my flying habits (Only PE). Let me know if anyone knows if there is a way to get a better promo than 1K miles or what the timing tends to be for other promos. Thanks!

:D :D :D

aisleorwindow Feb 13, 2007 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959 (Post 7211485)

Select the dates for travel & it pulls up my flight options. In the left bar, there's the area where one can modify their travel dates and cities. I click the drop down on the outbound date because I want to change it...and for some reason, I guess that tells the system to also change my return date to the last date of the month. :confused: I had no interest in ever changing the return date. :rolleyes:

Similar problem, but in reverse: I was looking at a ORD-PHX-ORD trip for March. Enter Mar 02 for departure date, then Mar 04 for the return. United.bomb automatically resets the departure date to 01. So then I have to go back and reset it to 02. Very annoying. :rolleyes:

bachfreak Feb 14, 2007 9:52 am

"We’re sorry
Due to unusually heavy traffic on our site, the personalized areas of united.com requiring login are temporarily unavailable. Please try back later.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you shortly."

Gee, thank you, .bomb:td:

olympicnut Feb 14, 2007 10:04 am

Originally Posted by UNITED959 (Post 7211485)

Yup, that has been driving me NUTS lately.

TAB enter March 23 departure
TAB enter March 27 return
OOPS, the departure day magically goes to todays date :confused:

And today, nothing seems to be working. Can't check flight status. Can't look at my itineraries. :rolleyes:

shoeless1920 Feb 14, 2007 11:37 am

United's O'Hare weather woes today

The winter storm in Chicago on Monday and yesterday forced UA to axe about half their flights at ORD. We all know whenever something happens at ORD it throws their system into turmoil. They're playing catch-up today which is why things might be particularly screwed up at United.bomb.

CApreppie Feb 14, 2007 12:06 pm

MP Summary down down down.

IDIOTS.