FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

ozstamps Oct 13, 2004 9:37 am

My Itineraries and Upgrade Summary features fritzed again.

How can they be fritzed 10% of the time for the past year?

UAMythbuster Oct 13, 2004 9:46 am

Originally Posted by flyiad
1. Multi-city makes you input your ground travel. A better model is just to allow From/To, From/To, From/To, etc. instead of From/To/To/To/To...

2. Showing flight upgrade eligibility is inconsistent.

3. Even though we may ask for up to 20 flights to be displayed by schedule, we often have to know flight time and enter it to get certain flights to show up. A search by schedule should show all flights available.

1.The apolo booking system will not allow a flight to be put in in that way...It has to know that you will be finding your own travel to a city in such cases so it can issue a "runk" in the itinerary...also you guys are more advanced users and most people are not...they are thown at united.com cuz they are scared of paying $5...lol they dont know whats going on with that and if they could just put in from/to way they would make so many mistakes...the travel by ground is a good insurance policy.

2.fixed in recent site update.

3.change the sort field set the time to the morning and it will show you all the flights that have availability...

The opinions expressed by me are not necesarily the opinions of my parent company, United Airlines, united.com, or Orbitz.com.

fortytrees Oct 13, 2004 9:49 am

1. I have not been able to change my password for the past three years. No matter how many times I change it, nex time I try to go in it is my old password.

2. How about being able to see ALL itinieries? I book about 10% on the web site, 85% through travel agent, and 5% elsewehere (like travelocity), but the only ones I can see on united.com are the ones booked there. Argh!!!

fortytrees

UAMythbuster Oct 14, 2004 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by fortytrees
1. I have not been able to change my password for the past three years. No matter how many times I change it, nex time I try to go in it is my old password.

2. How about being able to see ALL itinieries? I book about 10% on the web site, 85% through travel agent, and 5% elsewehere (like travelocity), but the only ones I can see on united.com are the ones booked there. Argh!!!

fortytrees

1.Call united.com at 1800-589-5582 or password support at 1-866-209-3323

2.when you click on my itineraries in the planning travel area it gives you 2 options...My Itineraries and United.com Itineraries...for anthing not booked on united.com click My Itineraries.... Under the new fix last week that is supposed to show all itineraries that have your Mileage plus number added into them but if it for some reason doesn't show it call us and we will escalate your call and happily get it fixed for you.

The posted by me here are not necesarily the opinions of United Airlines.

UAMythbuster Oct 14, 2004 10:30 pm

Hey I everyone I work in Customer Service in Websupport for United.com and would be happy to answer any questions here...remember I am here on my own terms and not on United Airlines. So my opinions are my own and not nescesarily the opinions of United Airlines.... United airlines in no way is involved with what I say on this or any forum. I will gladly help you guys out as a person that knows allot about United Airlines, United.com and not as a customer service representative for United.com.

elCheapoDeluxe Oct 14, 2004 11:01 pm

Online checkin is similar. I have been trying to checkin for a flight for hours. It just keeps saying that there is a problem and please try again later. :(

WindFlyer Oct 14, 2004 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by UAMythbuster
Hey I everyone I work in Customer Service in Websupport for United.com and would be happy to answer any questions here....

Hey, welcome to FT and the UA forum ^ .

Appreciate your time and effort in helping us sort out issues.

l etoile Oct 16, 2004 11:15 am

UAMythBuster: Today I was trying to book a fare using a 15 percent off e-cert. The cert is only good on higher fare classes, which is what I want. Unfortunately, on every flight I tried, united.com defaulted to the lowest fare available. So now it appears to get the higher fare code that I want, I must call reservations and sacrifice my e-cert discount. This is really frustrating and would be even more so if I had to pay the $5 booking fee. I've called tech support and they tell me there's no way around this. Tell me that's myth you can bust. :)

milesmilesmiles Oct 16, 2004 11:28 am

On Line Check-In Still Down?

Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Online checkin is similar. I have been trying to checkin for a flight for hours. It just keeps saying that there is a problem and please try again later. :(

Been trying to check in on-line over past 6 hours...keep getting "error" message...is it just me?

UAMythbuster Oct 16, 2004 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by letiole
UAMythBuster: Today I was trying to book a fare using a 15 percent off e-cert. The cert is only good on higher fare classes, which is what I want. Unfortunately, on every flight I tried, united.com defaulted to the lowest fare available. So now it appears to get the higher fare code that I want, I must call reservations and sacrifice my e-cert discount. This is really frustrating and would be even more so if I had to pay the $5 booking fee. I've called tech support and they tell me there's no way around this. Tell me that's myth you can bust. :)

Hey, I think the reason it does that is because how the website is designed to always give the lowest fare, and If an e-cert with a higher fare class is more expensive it will default to the better price. I would sugest changing the "Sort by" field in the "More Search options" to something other than price. Also a good way to trick it in an occurance like this is to use the upgrade eligability dropdown and select something like "Miles - Y,B" or "Miles - M, H". I hope that helps you out on that. If the website could do all of the stuff that all of you more expirienced travelers required, it would make it Imposible for all of the first-timers and less frequent travelers to use.

~
ALL opinions expressed by me are not necessarily the opinions of United Airlines. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I say here.

UAMythbuster Oct 16, 2004 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Been trying to check in on-line over past 6 hours...keep getting "error" message...is it just me?

Hello, It seems we are currently expiriencing a temp. problem with the ECI and My Itins at the moment. Try back later to access them.

~
ALL opinions expressed by me are not necessarily the opinions of United Airlines. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I say here.

chemist661 Oct 16, 2004 12:50 pm

Easysabre & United Connection were superior.

Hey, I think the reason it does that is because how the website is designed to always give the lowest fare, and If an e-cert with a higher fare class is more expensive it will default to the better price. I would sugest changing the "Sort by" field in the "More Search options" to something other than price. Also a good way to trick it in an occurance like this is to use the upgrade eligability dropdown and select something like "Miles - Y,B" or "Miles - M, H". I hope that helps you out on that. If the website could do all of the stuff that all of you more expirienced travelers required, it would make it Imposible for all of the first-timers and less frequent travelers to use.

~

With easysabre, one was able to book by booking class. That site was text based and very simple to use. Very easy to see fare class availablity. Easysabre got eliminated in year 2000. :mad:

With United Connection, one can do book & holds, book with fare class, etc. That got eliminated in July 2001 if I recall correctly. I only do very simple itineraries with united.com. I go to expedia, travelocity & see what they give me. I then try to book on united.com if it is an internet only fare. Save the booking fee & get the mileage bonus. If it was a regular published fare, I would call the 1K line & do a book/hold.

I even booked a ticket on the AA site. (aa.com). I was able to get it to work well & was able to book a 10 segment trip on it. (for a promo! ^ :D )

How about being able to do CS(25-?)'s, VDB vouchers, etc. on line? I hate having to go to the airport to do a CS25. :confused: On CO.com, I booked two of their VDB vouchers online. Just inputed a voucher # and a password based code. Very easy to do.

I would use united.com more when I can book by specific fare class, etc.

sean1964 Oct 16, 2004 12:55 pm

no miles+cash option, unlike bmi.
MAN-LAS 37000 miles+$430 buisness return.

UAMythbuster Oct 16, 2004 12:57 pm

There is gonna be a new website that will hopefull be released early January but it might not be till summer 2005. This thing will be pretty cool hopefully, supposedly they are gonna fix allot of problems and give ALLOT of features to the site that you cant do on the web now....

~

ATTN:I am posting on my own terms and not on United Airlines. So my opinions are my own and not nescesarily the opinions of United Airlines.... United Airlines in no way is involved with what I say on this or any forum. I will gladly help anyone out as a person that knows allot about United Airlines/United.com and not as a customer service representative for United.com. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I post on this or any forum.

ChgoBob Oct 16, 2004 2:22 pm

Under the new fix last week that is supposed to show all itineraries that have your Mileage plus number added into them but if it for some reason doesn't show it call us and we will escalate your call and happily get it fixed for you.

Welcome and thanks for participating! Before I call, does the "fix" apply to award itineraries? This is a handy way to check on any flight time or equipment changes a few months out, especially with partner airlines for any seat changes.

Also, is there any special place that you would want bugs or problems reported? When I try to point them out now, I usually get a canned response. (They are usually minor and deserve the canned response, but not always) :p