FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/482441-consolidated-thread-post-your-ua-website-experiences-complaints.html)

Diplomatico May 29, 2008 9:41 am

Glad I don't have a "null pointer". :p

goalie May 29, 2008 10:08 am

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store (Post 9792253)
I never thought that. They took the money from my credit card. I paid it. They let me upgrade it one way. Any hint of fraud never crossed my mind - even loosely.

maybe it's the bomb being the bomb but i just thought it a coincidence (and in your case, it all worked/went thru so there s/b no problems :))

MVFlyer May 29, 2008 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico (Post 9794636)
Glad I don't have a "null pointer". :p

How do you know that you don't???? :p

HaeMaker May 29, 2008 10:33 am

Null pointer? I take exception to that!

flyerbjorn May 29, 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by ivoryboi (Post 9794628)
Somebody, somewhere knows exactly what that means.

It's a well known programming error and they use the Java programming language. It means the programmer is trying to use some value or object that's undefined.

This is an error that should have been caught by the programmer. Not checking for this is really bad from a programming point of view.

drummingcraig May 29, 2008 12:24 pm

E+ unavailable to two 1P's and a GM on same PNR?

So I just got ahold of an itin for next week (6/4) JAX-ORD-SNA for myself and two bandmates. We're all on the same PNR and I just tried to pick seats for us and its showing E+ completely full on both flights. There were exactly three open seats in E- for the JAX-ORD leg (UA221) and nothing open on the ORD-SNA leg (UA365).

Seatcounter shows both flights being "wide open"...and I can't imagine these flights being that full (based on prior experience).

I am wondering if this is because .bomb is choking on the PNR having two 1P's and one GM and not allowing the E+ selection...

Any ideas?

Craig

flyerbjorn May 29, 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by drummingcraig (Post 9795648)
I am wondering if this is because .bomb is choking on the PNR having two 1P's and one GM and not allowing the E+ selection...

Someone asked the same question a few days ago. I believe the answer was that .bomb only count the elite status of one person.

Call an agent to get E+ seating and watch the seats in case you get kicked out of E+ by the computer sweep.

drummingcraig May 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn (Post 9795669)
Someone asked the same question a few days ago. I believe the answer was that .bomb only count the elite status of one person.

Call an agent to get E+ seating and watch the seats in case you get kicked out of E+ by the computer sweep.

Grrrr. :mad:

That's insanely annoying. Thank you for the answer though. Guess I'll call back.

gonezen May 31, 2008 7:54 am

Warning: assigned seats mysteriously changed by .com

This falls into the "glad I checked" category. I have two China trips booked, June and September for the wife and me. Usually on a 744 I take E+ 39 D and E (if I can't figure out a way to weasel into C). In checking this morning I noticed that .com had changed my July HKG return to 36 F and G (bulkheads) and the same for the PEK return in October. I know I didn't select these seats being bulkheads. I've read some posts about weird .com goings-on but never experienced one before. Anyone else?

Diplomatico May 31, 2008 7:59 am

Yup, just last night. Had SIN-HKG-LAX-SAN booked for 12 September. Because the HKG-LAX route goes away on 9/2, I was rescheduled for HKG-SFO; no problem.

However, my SIN-HKG leg - which did not change - mysteriously plucked us from my reserved seats of 15G/H and moved us to 8G/H. Corrected but annoying.

TT-Jones Jun 1, 2008 6:57 am

No login possible at the moment on .bomb.

All login attempts come back with a password error, even if the entered password is 110% correct.

*sigh*

PremExecSNA Jun 1, 2008 11:07 am

Yep, I haven't been able to get itineraries or MP information for 2 days. I just get what appears to be a partially loaded screen. Gee, wonder how much money they are losing with the site being down... :rolleyes:

bmvaughn Jun 1, 2008 11:09 am

Originally Posted by PremExecSNA (Post 9808630)
Yep, I haven't been able to get itineraries or MP information for 2 days. I just get what appears to be a partially loaded screen. Gee, wonder how much money they are losing with the site being down... :rolleyes:

Works fine for me. Use IE.

Dr_wanderlust Jun 6, 2008 2:53 am

.bomb is not letting me change seats; seat maps won't load for one leg. for a while I would get an error saying seat maps are not available for that airline. I guess UA does not think UA (hkg-sfo) is part of UA? A couple weeks ago I was able to change seats on this leg. I can see and change other legs of the trip.

Today I tried again and I did not even get the (incorrect) error message. Just a blank main page.

So UA, if you want to save money...let pax change their seats to avoid having them call intl rez to complete such a simple task.

boxo Jun 8, 2008 11:41 pm

E-UG summaries are not available. :mad: