Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Major pricing errors on website (in UA's favor)

I have to travel from SFO to LAX this Thursday with a return Friday afternoon. Trying to book through the website, fares ranged from $650 to $1,400. This is too steep for me, so I went on travelocity to look at other carriers. Amazingly, travelocity quoted $300 for the same flight pairs. I called the 1P reservations desk, and they were able to book the same flights for me for $306 -- that's a $350+ difference between the website and calling UA directly!

Ridiculous.
Old May 20, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PTravel
I have to travel from SFO to LAX this Thursday with a return Friday afternoon. Trying to book through the website, fares ranged from $650 to $1,400. This is too steep for me, so I went on travelocity to look at other carriers. Amazingly, travelocity quoted $300 for the same flight pairs. I called the 1P reservations desk, and they were able to book the same flights for me for $306 -- that's a $350+ difference between the website and calling UA directly!

Ridiculous.
someone in another reported that YQ surcharges were being added on incorrectly...but these seems way more than YQ errors. Its like everything below Y got zeroed
Old May 20, 2008, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
We’re sorry, but the price originally quoted...

Yapta has been going nuts finding illusory great deals for me on united.

Clicking through, I am consistently getting

We’re sorry, but the price originally quoted for your selected itinerary is not available due to a change in fare availability or a processing error. The lowest available fare is displayed below.

This has happened to me before, of course, but never so consistently. This is for HKG flights in late September.

I wish there were a way to book these. Multi-citying does not work, nor do the fares show up on any other booking site I can find.
Old May 23, 2008, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
My Mileage Plus Upgrade Summary is Screwed Up

Upgrade Summary from Mileage Plus (incorrect)
500 milers: 15
CR1: 4
SWU: 4

Upgrade Summary from Reservations (correct)
CR1: 5
SWU: 2

When I call or log onto da bomb, the summary displays the incorrect amount of upgrade instruments I have. But, when I actually try to apply online or use via 1K desk, they see the correct amount. What gives (p.s. the two summaries have been different for months and I called to conference call MP AND 1K desk to make the correct adjustment)
Old May 23, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Missing leg

Not sure if this is a common problem with .bomb (tried to search this thread and the overall forum, with no matching results).

One of my itins is missing a LH leg on united.com. I have a printout (pdf) of the original reservation, so I can prove that I booked it as a RT instead of the open jaw that now appears on united.com.

Just called reservations and they say they can see the missing leg in their system (and they gave me the flight number correctly). They indicated that there was a 5 min schedule change on that LH leg, which might cause the problem. .bomb never indicated a schedule change. But I was assured that everything was okay. I guess I will find out when I get to Frankfurt
Old May 23, 2008, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by BlissWorld

When I call or log onto da bomb, the summary displays the incorrect amount of upgrade instruments I have. But, when I actually try to apply online or use via 1K desk, they see the correct amount. What gives (p.s. the two summaries have been different for months and I called to conference call MP AND 1K desk to make the correct adjustment)
This is not a website complaint or issue. This is a Mileage Plus issue. I've called Mileage plus a few times and they see the same amount of upgrades displayed on da bomb where as reservations see something completely different. I think this should have its own thread.
Old May 23, 2008, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlissWorld

I'd be happy to take those two incorrect SWUs off your hands.
Old May 28, 2008, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
My first ever .bomb problem - not

I decided to apply for an upgrade for the return leg of an upcoming itinerary. I had already upgraded the outbound flight a while back. So this is what I was presented the last two days.

Error
The passenger name in the reservation and the Mileage Plus number do not match. Please check the number and try again. If you encounter the error again, and the ticket was purchased through a travel agent, contact your agent. You may also contact United reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331), ext. 21.
Never have I encountered this before with a ticked purchased on united!

I guess it's time to call the 1K desk.
Old May 28, 2008, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Never have I encountered this before with a ticked purchased on united!
I had the same problem yesterday after an agent split a PNR for me.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Apparently this is a prolific problem. I just booked another ticket and got the same error. The agent I just spoke with said I was the third person with this problem in the past hour.
Old May 28, 2008, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Apparently this is a prolific problem. I just booked another ticket and got the same error. The agent I just spoke with said I was the third person with this problem in the past hour.
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to think that wine had caused me to forget where I had booked the ticket.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:10 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
that's good to know as i was starting to wonder if it might be somewhat/loosely related to this thread
Old May 28, 2008, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goalie
that's good to know as i was starting to wonder if it might be somewhat/loosely related to this thread
I never thought that. They took the money from my credit card. I paid it. They let me upgrade it one way. Any hint of fraud never crossed my mind - even loosely.
Old May 29, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Hilton Silver VIP
Smile Clear Instructions on .bomb

Got the following message on .bomb while checking my miles:

We're Sorry

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

Internal Session Id 1212075186153209087113218352131 User Session Id L2MSYR2kWD8p86rlXJ3vVPJpwMf2GflcQYxGLv9fP6w23MZm8G 65!-886486937!1212075186153 telbrB UserIntB8 java.lang.NullPointerException

I'm glad to see that our friendly programmers at UA gave me such clear instructions.
Old May 29, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K
Somebody, somewhere knows exactly what that means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.