Wiki Posts
Search

Zilch Y/B 1st Sep EWR-ORD-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2005, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, UA
Zilch Y/B 1st Sep EWR-ORD-LHR

I've made it over to EWR and will be flying back to LHR via ORD on Thursday. Currently booked on an M12 fare for the return (UA643 and UA958) having come over on a B12. Evidently there is no Y or B availability on the EWR-ORD-LHR route on Thursday.

With the one further trip I'll be making to the US later this year on UA the fact I'm on an M-class EWR-ORD-LHR on Thursday means I'll be left 443 miles short of requalification for 1P!

All ideas gratefully received.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Did you try LGA-ORD-LHR? You could take the JFK-LHR, or connect through IAD--both will net you less miles though.

You could do EWR-IAD-ORD-LHR, but it is usually difficult to get an extra coupon + change routing like that...
Old Aug 28, 2005, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Would a Y/B from JFK get the 150% bonus and enough miles?
Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Ah..... yes, changing routing!

I was quite surprised to find that the option is available on ua.com! Didn't work though.

So phoned instead and am now switched to JFK-LHR on a B-class fare for the princely sum of $448. Oh well, it keeps me as 1P for another year by a meagre 63 miles according to my calculations!
Old Aug 28, 2005, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
A Y/B from anywhere would get the 150% EQM bonus, assuming it is UA/US/LH transatlantic flights. @:-) There is an idea! How about EWR-FRA-LHR on LH? You would probably still need a ffare recalculation for the re-route, but I think it'd be an almost identical fare.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qasr
A Y/B from anywhere would get the 150% EQM bonus, assuming it is UA/US/LH transatlantic flights. @:-) There is an idea! How about EWR-FRA-LHR on LH? You would probably still need a ffare recalculation for the re-route, but I think it'd be an almost identical fare.
Yeah - thought about that one, but have opted for the JFK-LHR direct service to save on the hassle of transfers. Key thing was banging in enough EQMs on this trip to make sure I make it back to 1P for next year and the direct service will do that - just. Thanks for having 'inspired' my decision to re-route in any case!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Funster
Ah..... yes, changing routing!

I was quite surprised to find that the option is available on ua.com! Didn't work though.

So phoned instead and am now switched to JFK-LHR on a B-class fare for the princely sum of $448. Oh well, it keeps me as 1P for another year by a meagre 63 miles according to my calculations!
$448 for a B fare is NOT bad at all - even one way, assuming it is.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA AA HGP SPG HH
Originally Posted by TonySCV
$448 for a B fare is NOT bad at all - even one way, assuming it is.
The way I read it, the OP pay $448 extra to move from M to B. Which is certainly worth while if the bonus EQM can save the OP a mileage run or two.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
And FWIW, he may be able to upgrade for 15000 miles now!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Correct to both of the above. $448 to u/g from M to B and 15k miles to u/g to the C-cabin. Happy with getting enough miles to get the EQM bonus which will net me (with future trips already booked) sufficient to re-qualify for 1P next year. I probably won't take the u/g to the C-cabin given the often ~6hr flight time on the JFK-LHR route!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.