Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M+ Purge Data Print - A piece of your United history that You should get!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wow. I just requested a purge data print. Naturally for my own interest and/or records, but also because I actually have a specific need for the data (or a few bits of it to be precise).

Perhaps my mistake was going via email, but I was first asked for a court order requiring it, and eventually after explaining my legitimate reason for it was granted an exception (!) and was told that it will be mailed to me in 6 weeks.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by cricketer
Wow. I just requested a purge data print. Naturally for my own interest and/or records, but also because I actually have a specific need for the data (or a few bits of it to be precise).

Perhaps my mistake was going via email, but I was first asked for a court order requiring it, and eventually after explaining my legitimate reason for it was granted an exception (!) and was told that it will be mailed to me in 6 weeks.
It's because it takes a lot of time to research this stuff. I asked US for one and they wanted $25/hour for "researching in their ticketing department". I think its BS...all of this stuff is computerized.

Granted, I was asking for records prior to joining DM. THAT info was sent to me in a Word doc about a week later. Hah...they were a bunch of screenshots from the CSR's screen copied into a word doc.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by UnitedF1RST
It's because it takes a lot of time to research this stuff. I asked US for one and they wanted $25/hour for "researching in their ticketing department". I think its BS...all of this stuff is computerized.
Evidently, you've never had to restore a backup from 10 year old tapes, where you had to try and find the drives in some storage closet somewhere, get them working on a modern operating system, then install backup software that is also 10 years old, then try to read the tape which contains tons of errors because of the age and "bit rot".

Computerized? Yes. Cheap and easy? Not necessarily.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH DMD, SPG PLT, Hertz 5*
I just got my flight history from 2000 (when I opened my MP account) to 12-31-05. I was told that 2006 data is unavailable. It took 4 weeks.

I got the same information from F9 with a quick email - 48 hours later, it was in my email inbox.

The dAArkside wanted me to pay $75 for the information AND wait 6 weeks. I'm sorry, WHAT?!

Never heard anything back from CO.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cricketer

Just for the record - I received it in 4 days! As others have noted, it only goes up to 2005, which is fine because I have my 2006+ data safely stored. Haven't looked at it closely yet but it didn't seem hard to decipher at a glance.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 12:32 am

All Mileage Retrieval

Hi Everyone,

I've become addicted to Flightmemory.com and as a result, I'm trying to remember all the flights I took on United. It's a rather difficult chore since I've been a mileage plus member since 1996 and have been premier the past 8 years.

I sent UA an email asking them if they had that data? Has anyone else tried this? I'd actually be willing to pay money if they retrieved that information for me.

Any tips or suggestions? I'm guessing UA doesn't keep records like that much more than a year or two.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old Aug 6, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: Mostly Mileage Plus (UGS) + AAdvantage (Gold)
Oh no, they do keep records of every flight you've taken in your lifetime. Ask for a "mileage plus purge." Few employees have heard about it, but it's there.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 7:54 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by blueone
Oh no, they do keep records of every flight you've taken in your lifetime. Ask for a "mileage plus purge." Few employees have heard about it, but it's there.
I think that you have to call MP and ask for this. Not sure if you can get it done via email.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 8:01 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by premierstudent
Hi Everyone,

I've become addicted to Flightmemory.com and as a result, I'm trying to remember all the flights I took on United. It's a rather difficult chore since I've been a mileage plus member since 1996 and have been premier the past 8 years.

I sent UA an email asking them if they had that data? Has anyone else tried this? I'd actually be willing to pay money if they retrieved that information for me.

Any tips or suggestions? I'm guessing UA doesn't keep records like that much more than a year or two.

Thanks,

Bryan
I've moved your question into the existing thread that answers your question; as you can see, there is a process that you can use to find your travel history.

Good Luck!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Sep 13, 2008, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by jjj8
The first time I called, they told me I had to write a letter. I called back and they had no problem initiating it over the phone. But here is the address they told me to send the letter to the first time I called:

Mileage Plus
PO Box 6121
Rapid City SD 57709

I wrote to this address and got the printouts in about 10 days - you can't ask for much more than that. ^
Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by tods27
I think that you have to call MP and ask for this. Not sure if you can get it done via email.
I tried several times via email and can assure you that you'll get nowhere via email
Old Nov 1, 2008, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
I called MP 3 times:

1st agent said they can't do it over the phone, and gave me the address above.

2nd agent said they can't do it over the phone or at the address above. Said I would have to make a claim with the United Legal Dept and gave me some address in Chi town.

3rd agent didn't have a clue.

I then sent a request to the address above (Rapid City). I have my hopes up.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
I called MP 3 times:

1st agent said they can't do it over the phone, and gave me the address above.

2nd agent said they can't do it over the phone or at the address above. Said I would have to make a claim with the United Legal Dept and gave me some address in Chi town.

3rd agent didn't have a clue.

I then sent a request to the address above (Rapid City). I have my hopes up.
It took about 7 days after I wrote to the address above to receive mine in the mail.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by danville 1K
It took about 7 days after I wrote to the address above to receive mine in the mail.
What did you say in the letter?
Old Dec 7, 2008, 1:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
What did you say in the letter?
Sorry it took me so long to find the letter I wrote. It said:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to request a Mileage Plus Purge Data Print for my United Mileage Plus account number xxxxxxxxxxx.

Please mail it to me at the following address:

xxxx

xxxx

Thanking you in advance,

Sincerely,

Danville 1k

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.