Who made excel spreadsheets?

Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:28 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Who made excel spreadsheets?

Hey all,

Someone posted here a few days ago offering to share his/her excel spreadsheets for use recording past and future mileage and 500-miler projected earnings and planned redemptions.

I have looked through many days of thread, but can't find the thread now. If anyone knows where it is, can you post the link for me? Or if you are the author of that thread, I would love to see a copy of your spreadsheet designs. They sound very useful.

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2005, 12:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408578
Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My spreadsheet is a simple data entry form. I have all my years of UA travel documented by year (1989 - 1993 are on the same page as my UA travel was minimal). My main page is a summary page detailing annual travel and summed totals per year. I also have a page that identifies each airport I have flown to.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
That was me. Mine are specifically made to use as a tool to project where you stand in terms of flown/booked/need to fly to get status, travel. The upgrade chart basically allows you to use your upgrades more strategically. Shoot me an e-mail and I will send you something to play around with. [email protected]
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
I do one year by year, but I just track flight EQMs and RDMs. If I remember the bonuses, I add them in, but otherwise...

I do it just to make sure I make 1P every year.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:26 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
thx all!
Old Mar 10, 2005, 7:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
I do one year by year, but I just track flight EQMs and RDMs. If I remember the bonuses, I add them in, but otherwise...

I do it just to make sure I make 1P every year.
I'm glad I am not the only one who does this. I wonder how many others do.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:39 pm

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
I started last year to track the EQM bonus. A certain amount of my travel is predictable, so I fill in what I know I'm going to do, then load up the specifics of dates, flight numbers and fare class.

This year, I'm off to a fast start, so it's kinda fun to see where I expect the next set of 500-milers to show up and when I'll pass 2P (end of March) and hit 1P. Not sure I'll get 1K this year, but it will be interesting to see how it sets up.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I'm doing a spreadsheet this year for the first time. Dont think I got all the EQMs last year, not that it would have made any difference. Never thought about doing this until I heard people talking here about how many miles they'd done in previous years.

Thought I was going to hit 1K on March 31, but looks like it will be April 1 now that I've delayed that by a day to get the double miles. On track for 400K EQM this year
Old Mar 10, 2005, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I did my first spreadsheet last year. I started off the year thinking I had a shot at 2P and set it as a goal. 6 unforseen transcon business trips to MCO in the last quarter landed me at ~65,000 BIS miles. 1P up from no status is kinda nice

The new spreadsheet has already been started. No flying yet this year but 3 trips are already booked, 2 should qualify for the double miles promo.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
On track for 400K EQM this year
I want your job!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
On track for 400K EQM this year

Originally Posted by Latitudes
I want your job!
I don't! I want home time!!!
Old Mar 11, 2005, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Latitudes
I want your job!
Be careful what you wish for! My ambition for 2007 is to be a 2P
Old Mar 11, 2005, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Since it is so difficult to get UA to keep us upon the promotions we have signed up for, it would be nice to track these promotions. Since many are not combinable, I am concerned about signing up for one that may have fewer miles or EQM's than a promotion that I am already signed up for.

I wonder if they ever think of that intentionally, "hey, let's flood them with promotions that sound great, that all conflict with each other, so it really doesn't matter what we offer". "While we're at it, let's have a promotion that gives an extra 500 points if they hop onto the plane on 1 foot".

- Oliver Stone
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:44 pm

I currently track flight details and ticket costs, but was thinking of adding seat number, aircraft type and some on-board service info. Although it is tempting for me to record nut and towel temperature , does anyone currently track some "real" objective service info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.