Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by why fly
WOW I sent UA a email with its web site attached they still say they wont give 100% mileage credit for an AC flight in V fare UGH! what a hassle!
Well, I would not take this thread as gospel. We (FT as a community) have compiled it from whatever public resources are available, as well as our experiences. We do not have access to UA's private profiles regarding what earns what. (sidenote: if anyone DOES have that, it would be appreciated )

why fly, if they will not give you 100% for V class, can you ask the agent who said this to tell you which AC classes earn 100%, and which do not? I assume this was a Canada domestic or Canada->USA flight? Was it a "tango" fare, or "tango plus" fare, or something else entirely?
Old Jun 29, 2005, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
UGh its a Tango + fare it gets 500 miles... however UA gave me 125, even the web site from UA says 50%. I sent the UA web site to the UA person and UGH they said send me info from AC.... WHY do I have to do their job??? READ THE UA web information... I think since I have a # on my email i should try calling or stating a NEW email without a number... I think this agent just wont look for the correct information!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 6:31 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
"FLIGHTS WITHIN CANADA AND TO THE USA (EXCEPT HAWAII):
BC: J,C - 125% / 100% / 500
EC: Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L - 100% / 100% / 500
EC: R,N,G,P,E,T - 50% / 0% / 250 (aka, TANGO fares)"

This is correct for crediting AC flights to AC's Aeroplan program but not for UA (according to UA's website) which states.

"Economy Class worldwide—100% of actual, paid miles, or 500 miles minimum, on flights scheduled on Air Canada or Air Canada Connector® (within Canada, Full-Fare Economy)
Business Class worldwide—125% of actual, paid miles
Discounted flights within Canada—50% of actual, paid miles (or 250 miles minimum) "

In addition, it seems there is NO credit for TANGO fares. Based on various ff'ers difficulty getting points posted, UA's website seems to be quite poor in showing fares that are NOT eligible for accumulation in a number of airlines.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
The information provided here does contradict the information on UA's website, but based on the experience of many, many people who have posted here, UA's website info is not correct. And challenging it after the fact has proved fruitless.

As far as Tango fares are concerned, AC recently made changes to the Tango fare program (6/15) where they reward partial RDM's. And new Tango PLUS fares receive full RDM/EQM credit. These were changes made to the Aeroplan program - whether they apply to UA remains to be seen, but in the past AC used the same rules for giving UA miles as they did to members of their own program, regardless of what is listed on the UA website.

Only time will tell for sure, but one thing for sure is that what is listed here is much more accurate and up to date than what is listed on united.com based on the real experience of UA flyers travelling on AC.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Originally Posted by qasr

THE CHART

Air Canada (AC)

WORLDWIDE (INCLUDING HAWAII):
EC: S,Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L,I,K,R,O,N,G,P,E,T - 100% / 100% / 500

FLIGHTS WITHIN CANADA AND TO THE USA (EXCEPT HAWAII):
EC: Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L - 100% / 100% / 500
EC: R,N,G,P,E,T - 50% / 0% / 250 (aka, TANGO fares)
I have seen a very strange exception to this today. I finally got credit for an AC flight I took in May. It was a return trip YXJ-YVR for which I was credited with 250 RDM/EQMs. I have never seen any flight (including on the way there) that did not qualify for the 500 minimum. Has anyone else seen this?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Denvercccc
I have seen a very strange exception to this today. I finally got credit for an AC flight I took in May. It was a return trip YXJ-YVR for which I was credited with 250 RDM/EQMs. I have never seen any flight (including on the way there) that did not qualify for the 500 minimum. Has anyone else seen this?
Are you sure you did not just get 250 RDM's? If you got the 250 EQM's as well, then this is new behavior from AC. What was your fare class?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:39 pm

250 rdm/eqm

I have a spreadsheet to track my EQMs and when I add the 250, I get the total. I am positive I received 250 EQMs as well as RDMs.

Here it is cut and pasted;

2-May-05 UA 1119 V Class DEN to YVR 1,114 279 1,393
2-May-05 AC 8185 Y Class YVR to YXJ 500 0 500
6-May-05 AC 8184 G Class YXJ to YVR 250 0 250
7-May-05 UA 1124 V Class YVR to DEN 1,114 279 1,393

The other three legs posted imediately. The one for 250 took 2 1/2 months and two requests.

Denvercccc
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If it was manually added later, perhaps the agent added 250 EQM's accidentally in addition to the 250 RDM's ? This seems at least some what likely, since not awarding EQM's is the exception rather than the rule (thankfully).
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:47 pm

I think I figured it out. After I posted, I looked at the fare class and the rules that you posted. The fare class for interior CA is worth only 50%.

Thanks

Denvercccc
Old Jul 21, 2005, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Correct, only 50% RDM, but it should ear 0% EQM. I guess you got lucky. (shh! )
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:04 am

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
qasr,

I have not received 150% EQM's on my US Shuttle flights with a "Y" fare basis.

I have received the 150% EQMS on all other US/USX flights with the right fare code.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:39 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by qasr
Thai Airways International (TG)

FC: F,A,P,U - 150% / 100% / N/A
BC: C,D,J,L,Z - 125% / 100% / N/A
EC: B,Y,G,H,K,M,Q,T,S - 100% / 100% / N/A
Wasn't aware of this. Flew F (A fare) BKK-HKG on TG in December but did not receive 50% COS bonus. Had to talk to a supervisor just now, but points posted right after I hung up. Thanks qasr! ^
Old Jul 25, 2005, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
Wasn't aware of this. Flew F (A fare) BKK-HKG on TG in December but did not receive 50% COS bonus. Had to talk to a supervisor just now, but points posted right after I hung up. Thanks qasr! ^
No problem!

I think pretty much all *A flights get a 50% COS bonus in F, and 25% COS bonus in C.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:18 am
jer

Location: My childhood was typical: Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons.
SQ S Class

I am flying EWR-SIN-CMB on SQ in a few weeks (the new executive econ flight) in "S" class (SHEWR), which is not listed in the OP.

Tix were booked by an international organization, which gets discounts that sometimes don't earn. After quite a bit of hunting on SIA and UAL sites, I am not certain SQ "S" earns MP miles and/or EQMs. It may be a negotiated deep discount, or simply designation for the exec economy. Nowhere does it specifically say that they do or do not earn.

I will follow up once I know whether they post to MP.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great, let us know!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.