Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Old May 7, 2006, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by doctorj
I flew R/T LHR - GDN via WAW on 1/31/06 and 2/1/06.

Booking class was VGREY1.

I received 100% milage credit: 916 miles x 2 for LHR-WAW segments and 500 miles (minimum) x2 for the WAW - GDN segments.
I flew LOT in Dec 05 from SVO-WAW-KRK-FRA and they all earned 100% miles. I don't remember the booking class but I did it through a Star Europe air pass.
Old May 7, 2006, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I flew LOT in Dec 05 from SVO-WAW-KRK-FRA and they all earned 100% miles. I don't remember the booking class but I did it through a Star Europe air pass.
* Europe Airpass are booked in H, IIRC If so, then I think that means the chart is correct as is.

Is Business is booked in D?
Old May 19, 2006, 2:10 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by qasr
According to the chart (and united.com) you should have got 250 each way in paid Y. C class earns 750 though... Did you get op-upped or rebooked by chance?

This isn't the first time people have reported varied BD earnings.
Another data point on BMI. No irregularities either direction (unless you count late flights in both directions). Will edit to clarify outcome after I send boarding pass in for credit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560042
Old May 19, 2006, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
Another data point on BMI. No irregularities either direction (unless you count late flights in both directions). Will edit to clarify outcome after I send boarding pass in for credit.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560042
The earnings are quite strange. Let us know what (if anything) you get for the tiny fare.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Are we sure the data for LH is still correct?

Just got off the phone with a M+ agent who took the time to carefully read the most up-to-date information. He says that currently, all LH flights in all fare classes receive at least 100% EQM/RDM. Furthermore, all intra-Europe flights regardless of fare class receive a minimum of 500 EQM/RDM.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by as219
Are we sure the data for LH is still correct?

Just got off the phone with a M+ agent who took the time to carefully read the most up-to-date information. He says that currently, all LH flights in all fare classes receive at least 100% EQM/RDM. Furthermore, all intra-Europe flights regardless of fare class receive a minimum of 500 EQM/RDM.
I'm pretty sure LH data is correct--The page on united.com seems pretty clear on this subject.

Next time you buy an intra-Europe L/T fare, credit to MP and let me know what happens.
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
I'm pretty sure LH data is correct--The page on united.com seems pretty clear on this subject.

Next time you buy an intra-Europe L/T fare, credit to MP and let me know what happens.
You get the miles for all LH flights in all LH booking classes. Just ignore the website and enjoy the miles. After more than 20 flights in T,L,E and U, there was not a single one that didn't post automatically within 3 days.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
You get the miles for all LH flights in all LH booking classes. Just ignore the website and enjoy the miles. After more than 20 flights in T,L,E and U, there was not a single one that didn't post automatically within 3 days.
OK, I'll make the change. Do you get 100% RDM/EQM? Minimum miles?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond

Actually, this page does leave some holes (i.e, says nothing about 500 intra-Europe minimums as I was just told by M+, and has vague statement "Your paid, qualifying miles on most published fares on Lufthansa also count toward eligibility for Mileage Plus elite status." -- which ones don't, then?). Anyhoo, I'll let you know when (if?) the 500 minimums for intra-Europe travel post.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by as219
Actually, this page does leave some holes (i.e, says nothing about 500 intra-Europe minimums as I was just told by M+, and has vague statement "Your paid, qualifying miles on most published fares on Lufthansa also count toward eligibility for Mileage Plus elite status." -- which ones don't, then?). Anyhoo, I'll let you know when (if?) the 500 minimums for intra-Europe travel post.
FWIW, I've had C class intra-Europe post at 500 & 750 when the flight was < 500 miles. To be fair though, I haven't creditted those flights to UA for 2 years or so, since LH is so generous with its flat rate earning of 2500 RDM/EQM for each leg! ^
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Air Canada (AC)

WORLDWIDE (INCLUDING HAWAII):
BC: J,C - 125% / 100% / 500
EC: S,Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L,I,K,R,O,N,G,P,E,T - 100% / 100% / 500

FLIGHTS WITHIN CANADA AND TO THE USA (EXCEPT HAWAII):
BC: J,C - 125% / 100% / 500
EC: Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L - 100% / 100% / 500
EC: R,N,G,P,E,T - 50% / 0% / 250 (aka, TANGO fares)
It seems our Mileage plus earnings have been cheapened further. We need to add one additional category for flights WITHIN Canada ONLY. Air Canada economy fare classes S, U, Y receive 100%/100%/250 mileage (otherwise know as Latitude and Latitude Plus fares), Tango Plus fares only receive 50%/50%/125 miles (considered a discounted economy fare), I have yet to receive ANY miles for the cheaper Tango fares. Unless the price difference between Tango and Tango Plus is small, why bother with Tango Plus when you only get 50% miles? One further reason why I avoid Air Canada as much as I can!
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arthurrs
It seems our Mileage plus earnings have been cheapened further. We need to add one additional category for flights WITHIN Canada ONLY. Air Canada economy fare classes S, U, Y receive 100%/100%/250 mileage (otherwise know as Latitude and Latitude Plus fares), Tango Plus fares only receive 50%/50%/125 miles (considered a discounted economy fare), I have yet to receive ANY miles for the cheaper Tango fares. Unless the price difference between Tango and Tango Plus is small, why bother with Tango Plus when you only get 50% miles? One further reason why I avoid Air Canada as much as I can!
There was a discussion re AC earlier in this thread, does your experience not jive with that?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
There was a discussion re AC earlier in this thread, does your experience not jive with that?
Yes, my experience yesterday and the day before echoes the ambiguities that Altaflyer has pointed out previously. Just called MP to confirm. So we need to amend your excellent chart with these silly technicalities of flying within Canada. It's ONLY when you fly to the USA or international destinations on Tango fares that you get 100% mileage earned on economy fares. You get punished for flying economy fares within Canada except for Full Fare economy!

Just to think I spent an extra $150 to get a Tango plus fare, only to receive 50% miles on this most recent trip, seated in an economy class seat for 4 hours that was very tight and uncomfortable (probably less room than UA Economy -), with the air vents located directly behind me! Did I say I hate flying on Airbuses?

I wish UA's website would be more clear on this.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:19 am

Eqs?

Would it be possible to add information about EQS earning on partners to this thread, particularly for discount economy fare classes?

My particular current problem - I'm currently trying to get credit for a W fare on SK CPH-MAN and a T fare (what BMI call 'tiny') on BD MAN-EDI; neither credited automatically, but I guess I expect 25% credit on SK (so 0.25*620 = 155 miles, roughly), and 250 miles, if anything, on BD (I realize 'tiny' fares don't credit to BD's program, but at GBP3.99 it was hard to resist). So the miles aren't worth much, but I could use the EQS this year. This thread doesn't let me know what to expect, really. Is there an 'EQS on partners thread elsewhere?

Last edited by yellow77; Jun 27, 2006 at 11:11 am
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yellow77
This thread doesn't let me know what to expect, really. Is there an 'EQS on partners thread elsewhere?
AFAIK, it does not exist. I am not sure how to gather such imformation, but if you post your experiences, then I'll update the table to show them. If enough people add their experiences too, it will become fairly useful I think.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.