Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CattleMooMoo
Thanks for the confirmation, that's what I'm assuming will happen too since the fare is pretty low. I will call the desk and clarify since it will make a huge difference in CPM.
Did you ever get an answer to your question? 150% mileage on a K fare to JNB would be awesome!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:57 am

I'm really hoping someone would be able to help me... Lot L class was earning 50% miles according to the old (post 3/3) UA chart (which has been updated again on March 28th). I'm trying to get missing miles, but supervisor is telling me she can only see the current chart (is that even possible?) Does anyone have any idea how to get it or the screenshot? Thank you!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA former 1K (1.9MM and gone), Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ualvet
Did you ever get an answer to your question? 150% mileage on a K fare to JNB would be awesome!
My curiosity finally got the best of me, so I actually tried booking a flight to JNB on the UA web to see what it would show, figuring I could cancel within 24 hours. Online it still insisted that my cheap K segment with a UA flight number on SA metal would get 150% RDM & PQM, but a little asterisk still led to a footnote indicating that the mileage would really be based on whatever code the partner selected.

I called the 1K desk and got an agent who spent about half an hour researching this, finally concluding that I would definitely get the 150%. Still not trusting that answer, I called SA and was told that my booking code with them showed L, which UA indicates would only be worth 50%. Somehow I do believe that answer!

The bottom line is that UA has totally hidden the actual earnings you may receive on codeshare flights and both their partner charts and mileage messages in their reservation system are quite deceptive. There's no easy way to tell what you're really going to earn until the final credit comes through, and then they'll just hide behind their vague footnote to defend their actions, in this case giving me only one-third of the miles promised. Anyone believe otherwise?

By the way, I needed to call in for my less-than-24-hour refund because the web site indicated that I would receive no money at all, not even a credit. Lucky I noticed that before hitting the final submit button.
Old May 8, 2012, 5:26 am

NH codeshare NZ?

Going to Auckland next month, I want to fly Star Alliance as cheaply as possible but also earning UA miles.

NZ is desperately stingy when it comes to lower economy fares which get 0% EQM/RDM.

NH started their codeshare with NZ and now I can get a NRT-AKL flight about 10,000 yen more expensive than the cheapest NZ fare, with a NH S class.

NH S class earns 70% EQM/RDM which is better than nothing. Does anyone know whether a NH codeshare of NZ flight would earn miles with UA? (whether they'd be credited is another story). If I do not get any reply, I will try to call UA.

Of course I can try SQ but much more expensive.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
The codeshare class doesn't count for earnings. It will translate into some (hard to know) fare class on NZ. It likely would be a non-earning one but impossible to know in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
TAM updated -- 1.5 EQM for many fares

Typo in title -- meant to say "update", not updated. Has anyone confirmed the below with actual earning?

Originally Posted by qasr

THE CHART

The format is: {COS}: {Applicable Fare Codes} - {%RDM/mi} / {%EQM/mi}

TAM (JJ)

FC: F,P,A - 150% / 100%
BC: C,D,J,Z - 125% / 100%
EC: Y,B,E,U,S,M,H,K,G,Q,V,L,W - 100% / 100%
EC: X,I,O,R,N,T - 0% / 0%

From united.com it looks like this one should now be

FC: F,P,A - 150% / 150%
BC: C - 125% / 150%
BC: D,J,Z - 100% / 150%
EC: Y,B - 100% / 150%
EC: E,U,S,M,H,K,G,Q,V,L - 100% / 100%
EC: X,I,O,R,N,T,W - 0% / 0%
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
so confusing. i have an Lh flight in T class FRA-BOS. Shows 0% eqm on UA.com, but on the UA site it seems to say, yes, this earns miles when not within Europe???

Discount Economy T, L 100% 100% 1
Discount Economy within Europe only T, L 0% 0% 0
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:03 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JBauer
so confusing. i have an Lh flight in T class FRA-BOS. Shows 0% eqm on UA.com, but on the UA site it seems to say, ...
Ignore the info in the itin (it is rarely right for partners)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Flight LAX-TLV , Lufthansa Z class . I got 100% of miles and not 150% as I thought.
I submitted a claim to UA and here is the response I got :

“Prior to PSS( merge with United which took place in March 2012 ), Z class on LH earned 100% base (reward) miles, 150% PQMs and 1.5 PQSs. Therefore, the earnings on the member’s account are correct.”

I used Continental FF. Were there any differences in CO /UA earning charts?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Very happy to see that Scandinavian (SAS) flights now post 100% with United for the cheap economy fares.

Discount Economy W, U, G, K, L, T, O 100% 100% 1.0
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by izzik
Very happy to see that Scandinavian (SAS) flights now post 100% with United for the cheap economy fares.

Discount Economy W, U, G, K, L, T, O 100% 100% 1.0
Fantastic news. I feel like SAS was one of the first airlines to start giving less than 100% on lower fare classes. Anyway, my flight from last week didn't post, but maybe it's just gonna take a while.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:36 am

I see that NZ now gives 100% in Y, B, H, M, Q, V, W, T, U, S...

It's a shame for me cos my all-NZ RTW that I took in April was before this change and my S and T sectors gave me 0%.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: CO Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver
Air Canada - PHL-YYZ-YYC

I'm considering booking a codeshare via UA.com on AC. The booking code with UA is "L". Does anyone know what that maps to on AC so I can figure out whether I'll get EQMs? Of course UA.com shows 0%.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Karter
I see that NZ now gives 100% in Y, B, H, M, Q, V, W, T, U, S...
It's changed again, reverting back to Y, B, H, M, Q, V, W, T only for long-haul and Y, B, H, Q, U, S trans-tasman.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
this is a dead thread -- the first post has not been updated in over a year and certainly not since 3/3. best to go directly to earning miles on partners.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.