Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page > UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Old Sep 14, 06, 8:59 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I'm not sure if the table is correct here--searching the thread there is no recent reports of OS earning 50% on some eco fares so it might have changed recently.

The UA website does not list specific fare classes earning 50%, only the non-earning ones. I would say take the trip, and if it posts at 50% then you have a pretty good argument (the web page) to get 100% posted.

Whatever happens, make sure to report back here!
Old Sep 19, 06, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA
Austrian W Class

Searched the thread to no avail...

I was looking at booking at OS RT from SYD to KUL which only books into W class. This thread (which for some reason, I feel I can trust more than United's website) said "W" class only earns 50% miles. So I emailed MP customer service and they said:

"Mileage Plus members earn one mile for each mile flown (100%) on paid economy and business class tickets on all routes in the Austrian Airlines Group."

So, does "W" earn 100%? Anyone have experience with "W" miles posting to their account?
Old Sep 19, 06, 7:51 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkaleal
Searched the thread to no avail...

I was looking at booking at OS RT from SYD to KUL which only books into W class. This thread (which for some reason, I feel I can trust more than United's website) said "W" class only earns 50% miles. So I emailed MP customer service and they said:

"Mileage Plus members earn one mile for each mile flown (100%) on paid economy and business class tickets on all routes in the Austrian Airlines Group."

So, does "W" earn 100%? Anyone have experience with "W" miles posting to their account?
Hrm. That could be there still from when LH instituted 50% earnings on W & S fares which they later reversed...

If you have that assurance from MP, I would go ahead and book. If the flights post at 50%, then you have a very good case to get them "fixed" to 100%. Also, report back here what happened.

I'll make a note in the main thread.
Old Sep 22, 06, 7:05 am

Programs: *A
wow, a lot of people wondering about earnings on OS eco in Q,V,W,X...
me, too... looking into booking a RT to SYD in Q. but amsterdammark's calls give me some confidence. Hope anyone can back this up with an actual mileage credit experience soon...

(and thanks qasr for maintaining the thread )
Old Sep 22, 06, 7:58 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sebastian746
wow, a lot of people wondering about earnings on OS eco in Q,V,W,X...
me, too... looking into booking a RT to SYD in Q. but amsterdammark's calls give me some confidence. Hope anyone can back this up with an actual mileage credit experience soon...

(and thanks qasr for maintaining the thread )
I'll make sure to update the OP if they do!
Old Oct 11, 06, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier
UA Codeshares on Gulfstream/CO connection flights

I don't see UA Codeshares on Gulfstream/CO Connection. I just flew a flight from TPA-MIA with them. In the inflight magazine, it says that you can earn UA miles on Gulfstream/CO Connection flights as long as you book the flight as a UA codeshare. It did not specify if these would be EQM or RDM's.

When I asked here about this flight a few months ago, some doubted that I would get any miles from my segment but the info in the magazine claims otherwise.
Old Oct 11, 06, 7:49 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I don't see UA Codeshares on Gulfstream/CO Connection. I just flew a flight from TPA-MIA with them. In the inflight magazine, it says that you can earn UA miles on Gulfstream/CO Connection flights as long as you book the flight as a UA codeshare. It did not specify if these would be EQM or RDM's.

When I asked here about this flight a few months ago, some doubted that I would get any miles from my segment but the info in the magazine claims otherwise.
I know CO connection is not a *A partner.
Old Oct 11, 06, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA*3.99MM/GS, SQ*PPS,Hyatt*Globalist, Marriott*Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rhwbullhead

I flew Gulfstream from MCO to MIA before. It was on a UA codeshare flight. I only earned RDM, not EQM. It was not even the 500-mile minimum as I only received 250 miles for that flight.
Old Oct 12, 06, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Premier
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I flew Gulfstream from MCO to MIA before. It was on a UA codeshare flight. I only earned RDM, not EQM. It was not even the 500-mile minimum as I only received 250 miles for that flight.
Hehe. It figures. Oh well, it's better than nothing. I'm glad I added that segment anyway despite not getting many miles as I had a beautiful view of the coast of Miami on final approach and I even got to see the runway approach through the cockpit window.
Old Oct 13, 06, 8:01 pm
yk

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott Silver
Q about Austrian Airlines

I did a search, and think I got the answer, but would love to get a confirmatory answer here.

I usually hang out in the AA forum, but I recently bought r/t ticket LHR-VIE on Austrian for November. The booking code is O.

From UA's website , it looks like I'll get 100% EQM?

I also have USAirways Dividend miles account, but I don't think I'll get any miles that way because "O" is not listed on the USAirways website

Any help you can give me is much appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 06, 2:05 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yk
I did a search, and think I got the answer, but would love to get a confirmatory answer here.

I usually hang out in the AA forum, but I recently bought r/t ticket LHR-VIE on Austrian for November. The booking code is O.

From UA's website , it looks like I'll get 100% EQM?

I also have USAirways Dividend miles account, but I don't think I'll get any miles that way because "O" is not listed on the USAirways website

Any help you can give me is much appreciated.
Odd booking code. O is usually used as the F class award bucket on most carriers. OS doens't have an F cabin, so I guess they use it for Y class revenue tix instead.

Since united.com only says EKTL is non-mileage earning, if it doesn't post, I would guess you have a good case for claiming the missing miles. Whatever happens, let us know what happens!
Old Oct 20, 06, 1:02 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
update on LX T class

LX T class flights do now post automatically!
Had two flights last and this week and both posted with about 3 days delay
and full 500 miles EQM/RDM.
Originally Posted by TKG
After faxing a copy of my flight confirmation (which included the cost of the ticket), I finally got my T-class fares properly credited to my MP account. For some reason, one segment was still missing, but at least the bulk of them are in there.
Like TKG, I had to fax them and only got lucky starting around Sep.
But now all is integrated smoothly - thanks UA.
And thanks qasr for this thead!
Old Oct 20, 06, 7:45 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
LX T class flights do now post automatically!
Had two flights last and this week and both posted with about 3 days delay
and full 500 miles EQM/RDM.
Thanks for the update!

Confirmed the change in the OP.
Old Oct 20, 06, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by qasr
Thanks for the update!

Confirmed the change in the OP.
You are most welcome qasr.
Thanks for the swift update .
Old Oct 20, 06, 3:36 pm