Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by merlin
I can only confirm what everyone probably already knows: cross-border LH flights within Europe earn 500 minimum as of last week. I flew ZRH-FRA and FRA-LHR routings all in S class.
Interesting. Especially since S is a low ball fare class on LH and if some flights were earning 250, I would expect it would be these ones...
Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've updated the main thread indicating that 500/250 minimums apply to LH intra-Europe flights.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by qasr
I've updated the main thread indicating that 500/250 minimums apply to LH intra-Europe flights.
I have never ever had a LH flight with 250 miles. Where did you get this information from?

Is there one FTer who is able to confirm that he/she got less that 500 miles (RDM and EQM) for any LH operated segment in any LH booking class in the past few years? I doubt it, and I'd bet my money against it.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
I have never ever had a LH flight with 250 miles. Where did you get this information from?

Is there one FTer who is able to confirm that he/she got less that 500 miles (RDM and EQM) for any LH operated segment in any LH booking class in the past few years? I doubt it, and I'd bet my money against it.
There is a confirmed report of a 250 minimum here. I've also linked to it in the 1st post of this thread in the LH section.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
There is a confirmed report of a 250 minimum here. I've also linked to it in the 1st post of this thread in the LH section.
Thank you, very interesting. If true, this is totally out of the norm. Must have been a strange glitch in the system, definitely a very unusual mileage credit.

Then again, getting at least 500 miles for any T,L,E or U class flight on LH metal appears to be some kind of glitch, too, and it's in our favor. Since most of my shorthaul LH flying is in one of these classes, I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Thank you, very interesting. If true, this is totally out of the norm. Must have been a strange glitch in the system, definitely a very unusual mileage credit.

Then again, getting at least 500 miles for any T,L,E or U class flight on LH metal appears to be some kind of glitch, too, and it's in our favor. Since most of my shorthaul LH flying is in one of these classes, I'll enjoy it as long as it lasts.
To be fair, I think that thread was started around the time that LH was only giving 50% for W/S class intercontinental fares, so it might have been related to that. Like you say though, L, T, E & U fares should probably not get anything, but do. I guess that is why we have this thread!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:10 am

50% earning for Tango Plus fares does indeed seem odd. I'm pretty sure V & Q should earn 100%. Feel like double checking with MP?
Well, after years of lurking daily, I would have hoped that my first contribution here would be a happier one!

I have been battling with United and AC re a flight taken on AC in Q1 of this year. Outbound (A class fare) posted at 100% EQM for a Tango Plus fare, which is in agreement with the chart on page one of this thread.

Return never posted; after 6 months and endless phone calls and letters, with a final call to a UA executive office, miles on the return (L class fare - also Tango Plus) posted, but at 50% of the value.

So..... apparently Tango Plus autoposts at 100% within Canada, but Tango Plus manually posts at 50% within Canada. AC Aeroplan told me that I spent more than enough money for the flight, and they agree that it should be 100%, but MP quotes 'discounted economy in Canada is 50%'

Haven't decided yet how to proceed (any advice?) If I have them review it, my fear is that they will retroactively pull the 100% EQMs on all my Tango Plus flights w/in Canada....
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

First of all, Welcome to FT exbayern! I think it is a great first contribution! ^

The only thing I can suggest is to refer MP to the united.com section on AC earnings. It states that "Discount Economy" gets 50% and "Economy Class" gets 100%. So it hinges on what is considered economy and what is considered discount from UA's POV.

It seems like Tango plus should be considered regular economy and Tango should be considered discount. You say that you have been in contact with AC, why don't you try and get something in writing which says that Tango plus (or your L class fare) should be considered regular, not discount economy and then fax that to MP?

Whatever you decide, let us know what happens and (hopefully) how you got 100% miles posted.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:19 am

Thanks for the quick reply, the welcome, and the advice.

I have another upcoming trip intraCanada and am actually considering flying from a US city just to guarantee 100% EQM (of course, the rebel in me is also considering booking an AC ticket just as on that Q1 trip, to see what happens - if 100% EQM post, then I will truly be ready for battle with MP!)

And may I say that this is one instance in 12 years with AC where they really stepped up to help an Elite member; even though I am trying to get miles credited to MP several Aeroplan agents were willing to take the time to review the issue. I never thought that I would say this, but kudos to Aeroplan for the service given...
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
What was the booking class? At least full fare econ maybe? Even so, it is strange that you didn't get the 25% bonus for paid C... Maybe try calling MP, seeing what they say and reporting back?

No problem! It is also linked from the FAQ sticky.
Okay I double checked. I *did* get the 25% bonus.

Outbound (coach) booking class was M.

Flying B (same routing ATL-FRA-WAW-FRA-ATL) so hoping to rack up some EQM bonus :-)

Cheers~

Last edited by Viking547; Sep 12, 2006 at 1:31 pm
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SamZeb
Okay I double checked. I *did* get the 25% bonus.

Outbound (coach) booking class was M.
OK, makes more sense now.
Originally Posted by SamZeb
Flying B (same routing ATL-FRA-WAR-FRA-ATL) so hoping to rack up some EQM bonus :-)
As long as you're only expecting the EQM bonus on ATL-FRA & vv., you'll be fine.

Let us know what you get on FRA-WAW (Not WAR, that is a touchy subject on these flights. ) You should get 560 for the FRA-WAR & vv segs if GCM is to be believed...
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
OK, makes more sense now.

As long as you're only expecting the EQM bonus on ATL-FRA & vv., you'll be fine.

Let us know what you get on FRA-WAW (Not WAR, that is a touchy subject on these flights. ) You should get 560 for the FRA-WAR & vv segs if GCM is to be believed...
D'oh!

Guess my mind was elsewhere when I posted But I'll save that for OMNI.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by superEGO
Regarding ANA:
DOMESTIC FLIGHTS WITHIN JAPAN: (Booking codes unknown, please post below!)
BC: C,J (?) - 125% / 100% / N/A (full fare Super-seat)
BC: D (?) - 100% / 100% / N/A (discounted Super-seat)

I purchased a fullfare F ticket, and it booked as F.

Additionally, ANA offers upgrading to superseat day of flight for 5000 yen. Doing this is apparantly treated like rebook into F apparantly. Even with the ticket you are upgrading is a coach fare ticketed by UA with UA codeshare flight numbers. (earned 125%)
My recent experience is that the Superseat day of depature buy ups are booked into C class. Here's how a flight taken this July showed up on my MP statement:

NH 060x C Class HND to xxx 560 140 700

Class of service bonus 25%
EQMs 100%

This was on a purely domestic NH ticket, not a UA codeshare.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csakamoto
My recent experience is that the Superseat day of depature buy ups are booked into C class. Here's how a flight taken this July showed up on my MP statement:

NH 060x C Class HND to xxx 560 140 700

Class of service bonus 25%
EQMs 100%

This was on a purely domestic NH ticket, not a UA codeshare.
Thanks for the info, I will update the main post. ^
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:11 am

Programs: BA GOLD; SPG PLAT (LT GOLD)
Austrian Airlines V and Q class ?

If i read the thread i only receive 50 % of the miles for MP if i fly in V or Q class ?
But i called UAL and AUA today and they told me that i will receive 100 % in V and Q class !!

Who is correct ??

I'll have two return tickets in V class in de months october and november which can make me *A GOLD...only if they give me the 100 % !!

Can somebody clarify this ??

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.