FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/445613-ua-mileage-plus-earnings-each-fare-class-every-partner-merged-updated-10-a.html)

qasr Aug 17, 2006 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
Re South African, the list on the first page includes W but not on the UA website: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51396,00.html

What about if you buy a UA codeshare? The booking classes don't necessarily translate directly. For example, S is a mid-range fare class on SA but ultra-discount on UA.

Looking at a random IAD-FRA-CPT flight ual.com offers a UA W fare with a codeshare FRA-CPT.

Right. I have no idea how to translate booking classes between carriers. The only thing I could suggest is to see if you can find a similar priced fare on SA and guess that it is likely the same booking class.

gnaget Aug 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by flysurfer
Don't worry. After 6-8 months, they will eventually post, as long as you keep writing, calling, faxing MP about it. :D

Not true! I called this evening about some other issues (lots and lots of missing OLCI and online purchase bonuses). The agent said that she "did not have time to go through all these flights" so sent me to a service director.

This guy was great. He added an AC flight from February that was still pending and also this LH flight from last week. He then commented that there was a "new directive" saying that UGS and 1K members should have missing mileage credit expedited.

flysurfer Aug 17, 2006 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by gnaget
Not true! I called this evening about some other issues (lots and lots of missing OLCI and online purchase bonuses). The agent said that she "did not have time to go through all these flights" so sent me to a service director.

This guy was great. He added an AC flight from February that was still pending and also this LH flight from last week. He then commented that there was a "new directive" saying that UGS and 1K members should have missing mileage credit expedited.

Cool. ^ Unfortunately, the directive comes to late for me, as I have dropped MP and being a 1K as a result of endless hassle getting LH mileage credited. Instead, I put my miles to M&M (renewing SEN early by crediting 100k EQM that would have gone to MP otherwise) and will hence be a humble 1P with my 52k remaining EQM collected from January till July. Since the directive doesn't cover 1Ps, I guess the hassle can continue. Well done, UA!

MKE-MR Aug 23, 2006 12:07 am

Originally Posted by qasr
The earnings are quite strange. Let us know what (if anything) you get for the tiny fare.

Sent in the boarding pass when I returned to the States in July. Just checked back and noticed that the tiny (W) BMI fare did post. 500 miles for that one. And they did not adjust the 750 miles I earned for the other one (which we think should have been only 500).

So, take that for what it's worth. I'm still mystified as to what BMI is really supposed to earn, but it seems that buying up for about EUR3 gives you 750 instead of 500 miles. ;)

qasr Aug 23, 2006 6:04 am

Thanks for the update MKR-MR. ^

I think we're all mystified. I updated the guide anyway. :)

ozflier Aug 24, 2006 1:44 am

If you fly on a codeshare service and both are star, are the miles calculated on the airline fare base of the one you are ticketed on or on the airline whose metal you fly ??

eg a BMI fare but on say a SK aircraft

cakobau Aug 24, 2006 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ozflier
If you fly on a codeshare service and both are star, are the miles calculated on the airline fare base of the one you are ticketed on or on the airline whose metal you fly ??

eg a BMI fare but on say a SK aircraft

The fare base on the airline whose metal you fly. In this case, the fare basis code that SK uses for that ticket, regardless of what letter BD sold it under.

Which makes it really hard to know what you're really getting when you buy codeshares.

qasr Aug 24, 2006 7:44 am

Originally Posted by cakobau
The fare base on the airline whose metal you fly. In this case, the fare basis code that SK uses for that ticket, regardless of what letter BD sold it under.

Which makes it really hard to know what you're really getting when you buy codeshares.

Couldn't have explained it better myself.

I can only repeat what I said earlier where you can try to match what you paid up to a published fare on the operating carrier. This is of course, error prone and inaccurate, but might give you a decent idea.

TKG Sep 11, 2006 5:43 am

After faxing a copy of my flight confirmation (which included the cost of the ticket), I finally got my T-class fares properly credited to my MP account. For some reason, one segment was still missing, but at least the bulk of them are in there.

I'll put in a warning about LX T class since a few of you are having problems getting them creditted.

qasr Sep 11, 2006 6:18 am

Originally Posted by TKG
After faxing a copy of my flight confirmation (which included the cost of the ticket), I finally got my T-class fares properly credited to my MP account. For some reason, one segment was still missing, but at least the bulk of them are in there.

Thanks for the update! ^

sebastian746 Sep 12, 2006 4:33 am

re: minimum earning on LH

i think that actually the minimum earning on LH in intra-europe coach is 500, not 250. i experienced it, also see post 13 in this
thread and i read it in your thread, post #153.

oh, and thanks qasr for maintaining this great thread ^

qasr Sep 12, 2006 8:09 am

Originally Posted by sebastian746
re: minimum earning on LH

i think that actually the minimum earning on LH in intra-europe coach is 500, not 250. i experienced it, also see post 13 in this
thread and i read it in your thread, post #153.

oh, and thanks qasr for maintaining this great thread ^

Maybe it is that intra-Germany gets 250 minimum, and cross-border "intra-Europe" gets a 500 minimum? Can anyone else confirm?

Viking547 Sep 12, 2006 9:23 am

Maybe it is that intra-Germany gets 250 minimum, and cross-border "intra-Europe" gets a 500 minimum? Can anyone else confirm?

Flying from Frankfurt to Warsaw on LH in coach one way and business the other way, I got 500 miles for each leg.

BTW - I have this thread bookmarked - great reference. Thanks, qasr! ^

merlin Sep 12, 2006 9:23 am

I can only confirm what everyone probably already knows: cross-border LH flights within Europe earn 500 minimum as of last week. I flew ZRH-FRA and FRA-LHR routings all in S class.

qasr Sep 12, 2006 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SamZeb
Flying from Frankfurt to Warsaw on LH in coach one way and business the other way, I got 500 miles for each leg.

What was the booking class? At least full fare econ maybe? Even so, it is strange that you didn't get the 25% bonus for paid C... Maybe try calling MP, seeing what they say and reporting back? :)

Originally Posted by SamZeb
BTW - I have this thread bookmarked - great reference. Thanks, qasr! ^

No problem! It is also linked from the FAQ sticky. ;)