Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Introduces Business1

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by gnaget
Apart from the 500 miles, doesn't this just emphasize something that has been practice for a long time. ORD-DCA has always been around gate B10 or adjacent and they do serve meals in F at meal time hours. I also noticed that the LGA gate was next door.

Yes, it would be nice for the E+ folks if they could get something to eat.

It would also be nice if they went back to running Airbuses rather than 737s.
The LGA flights leave from all over the place at ORD. Even during the old BusinessOne scheme, LGA flights often came and left from C due to operations reasons. However, it seems that recently LGA flights have been concentrated to the B gates, but certainly not to specific gates. I have been anywhere from B2 to B22 at time. I agree it was nice to have the Airbus after the 727 went away, but with the introduction/expansion of TED, I doubt the many Airbus will return to places like LGA anytime soon.

Does anyone know if we will see a return of the old BusinessOne "Service Directors" who oversaw the operations to "their" cities? I remember these people were usually quite helpful, because they were in charge of all operations to a specific city. Some CSRs at ORD still wear a nametag, which says "BusinessOne" under their name.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 5:45 pm

The should have named it "BusinessTwo"...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrMillion
The should have named it "BusinessTwo"...
If the term "Business First" already been in existence (Continental's premium cabin), I'd think "BusinessFirst" might be a fair option for a name.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by sftrvlr
IIRC, didn't UA used to call this service Business One years ago? In these same key markets? Close-in gates, etc., etc. I haven't worked there in years, but I seem to recall selling those flights as "Business One" service. Maybe others will remember ...
As one who remembers flying on Business One at ORD (and on the "shuttle" from SFO) I admire the moxie of UA re-introducing something that was eliminated as "new".

I think enhancement of the gate areas dedicated to "business" routes (as opposed to leisure) routes is a good thing that buys goodwill at a relatively small price. Just look at all those happy customers waiting for the LGA shuttles (at least until the t-storms move in).

However, I don't think that little tweaks, bells and whistles are going to make much of a difference to the bottom line, which shows UA continuing to lose $ billions per year. If UA is to become profitable, it needs to completely overhaul the operation from the tarmack to the boardroom. Anything less is just postponing the day of reckoning.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:55 am

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
From T&C:

Registration required by 12/31/05 at www.united.com/business1. Registration required within 7 days of travel date to be eligible for this offer. Registration required only one time.

I'm a bit confused about the 7 day requirement... Does this mean that you have to re-register within 7 days of EVERY flight between the cities to get the bonus miles when delayed? It says a one time registration is required -- but is that for each flight or for the program overall?

1Konsultant
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by 1Konsultant
I'm a bit confused about the 7 day requirement...
Well, elsewhere it says you only have to register once. I think what they mean is that in order for the bonus to qualify, you have to register at least 7 days in advance. For example, if you register on Tuesday and take a flight to one of the BusinessOne cities on Thursday and it is delayed, you will not get bonus miles. Any flight delayed after the following Tuesday, however, will qualify for the bonus miles; since those are more than 7 days after your registration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.