Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EQM for Extra Seat Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

EQM for Extra Seat Credit

Need help from the experts. My brother-in-law is in the habit of purchasing 2 coach seats for some of his long-haul travel for the extra space. He has been awarded the miles for the "extra seat credit", but UA wont provide EQM credit. Does anyone have information on options? This doesn't make much sense to me. He has the potential to hit 1K this year and this would be an additional 22k towards status.

Advice???? So far Mileage Plus has been less than helpful.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:23 pm

Programs: MP Platinum
How much RDM is he getting for the "extra seat credit"?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

He has been awarded mileage for both seats but EQM for just one of the seats purchased and used.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
There's no way that UA would give EQM's for the extra seat. If they did, people would simply buy two seats whenever they are flying on a cheap ticket, and they would be able to gain status twice as fast. I would be strongly opposed to UA doing that; status should ultimately be based upon literal BIS miles.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If he could get EQM's for the second seat, he would have uncovered a mileage runners dream. :-:
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Morrissey
There's no way that UA would give EQM's for the extra seat. If they did, people would simply buy two seats whenever they are flying on a cheap ticket, and they would be able to gain status twice as fast. I would be strongly opposed to UA doing that; status should ultimately be based upon literal BIS miles.

Well, if your rear is big enough you are BIS in both seats

But no, I don't think UA should do this. RDM yes, EQM no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.