Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

up to 2,000 miles for netflix

Hi. I'm new here.
Anyways, at united's webpage, I found the following:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50997,00.html
---
Join Netflix for the first time at $17.99 a month and earn 1,000 miles after your first month as a paying member. Special bonus – Mileage Plus® Visa® cardholders pay with your Mileage Plus Visa and you will earn an additional 1,000 miles after your first month as a new member for a total of 2,000 miles.
---

So this promotion is valid for new subscribers only. My question is this. I've been subscribing to netflix for a while now and just found out about this promotion today. Have any of you others out there who are also already netflix subscribers tried and had any success with contacting netflix somehow and getting these miles despite not being a new subscriber?
Is my question making sense?

thanks

Imants
Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've never known of bonuses like this being retroactive. You would have had to sign up through the UA mall to get the miles.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
That's not as good as what they've offered before.

In January, you got 1000 miles just for trying it, another 1000 miles when you became a paying customer, and another 1000 miles if you used for MP Visa, for a total of 3000 miles.

Also, you have to hound Netflix to get your miles credited. They tend to "forget" if you don't remind them.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: *Au, SPG Au, Amex Pt, Historically UA, *Alliance
I got 3k miles on my girlfriend's UA account. It posted without any work from my side. They had promised 2k for signing up as a paying member and another 1k if you use MP Visa. It seems to have dropped to 2k total recently.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 5:52 pm

Programs: United-1P!!!! (WOW!)
I did the January offer too. I got 2000 so far, but used my MP Visa. How can I extract the other 1000 mi?
Old Apr 6, 2005, 10:08 pm

My miles posted rather quickly, as a 2000 and 1000 bonus. No problem. You could always sign up and get them sent to your girlfriends or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.